Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 801

Thread: The MerNation Thread

  1. #781
    Senior Member Ransom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I love mernation they are absolutely wonder and have been amazeing even thow my tail is paid for. I canít send measurements because I am a little big at the moment so they are have made my drawing but will,start my tail when I send my measurements !!!!! I canít wait to see more of their work in the mean time !!!!!


    Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app
    Yup they've the edge in customer service, something that's not easy for high end tailmakers. Respect ++.

    Hope you love your tail, Satine!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

  2. #782
    :O you guys!! here is my unboxing of the mernation genesis silicone tail! i will be putting a video review up in about a month. My first swim video will be up in a few days! hope you enjoy

  3. #783
    How long did it take for everyoneís tail to arrive? Iím ordering the genesis around May so I have time to get the money and Iím worried it wonít arrive in time for summer.


    Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

  4. #784
    Senior Member Mermaid_Mari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    144

    Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMaggs View Post
    How long did it take for everyoneís tail to arrive? Iím ordering the genesis around May so I have time to get the money and Iím worried it wonít arrive in time for summer.


    Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    It took two weeks for mine, but that includes being held in customs for a few days, US to Australia


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    @MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

  5. #785
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Mari View Post
    It took two weeks for mine, but that includes being held in customs for a few days, US to Australia


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mine was about the same as Mari's except customs held onto mine for like a month.
    ~Mermaid Salacia~
    Sea Witch of South Australia
    https://www.facebook.com/themermaidsalacia/
    mermaidsalacia.weebly.com/

  6. #786
    I think I am going to go with Mernation for my first tail, nothing too extreme since I love the colors on two of their genesis edition tails, plus they seem like they will last a while and I have heard so many great things about them. This would be the tail that truly tells me if I want to fully dive into this as a want and if I will get another tail in the future as an upgrade... I am so excited but I have to wait and save up more money

  7. #787
    Senior Member Mermaid_Mari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    144

    Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Velos View Post
    I think I am going to go with Mernation for my first tail, nothing too extreme since I love the colors on two of their genesis edition tails, plus they seem like they will last a while and I have heard so many great things about them. This would be the tail that truly tells me if I want to fully dive into this as a want and if I will get another tail in the future as an upgrade... I am so excited but I have to wait and save up more money
    Please donít get a silicone tail for your first tail unless you have practised with a monofin or fabric tail before, itís a huge risk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    @MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

  8. #788
    I have been practicing with a monofin and am quite confident in my swimming with it now, I even carried my little cousins on my back while swimming near the walls just to be safe. I would have went right into silicone, but I knew the risk

  9. #789
    Senior Member Mermaid_Mari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    144

    Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Velos View Post
    I have been practicing with a monofin and am quite confident in my swimming with it now, I even carried my little cousins on my back while swimming near the walls just to be safe. I would have went right into silicone, but I knew the risk
    Alright just please be careful, any incidents reflect on the whole community


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    @MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

  10. #790
    If I am still getting used to a monofin I practice near the sides of the pool, unless I just want to float for a bit... I am very boring* XD
    Last edited by Mermaid Velos; 12-16-2018 at 02:27 PM.

  11. #791
    I know, which is why I also never swim alone, one of the key points to staying safe. I have been researching the best monofins and makers, I never found this page till today tbh...

  12. #792
    Anyone off handily know how much the base price for one of their finned bracers?

  13. #793
    Senior Member Mermaid_Mari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    144

    Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Velos View Post
    Anyone off handily know how much the base price for one of their finned bracers?
    I believe mine were $200usd with fins and scale tipping. I think their bracer prices depend on each design


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    @MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

  14. #794
    I feel like I have been searching for the info for daaaays and I am gonna be super embarrassed if it ends up it was staring me in the face the whole time xD but I just gotta ask

    Does anyone know if the plated scales are a price upgrade and if so, how much? I have a feeling they might be but I'm just not sure.

    I sent a curious email 5 days ago and no word yet (to be fair I'm nowhere near ready to buy just yet so I understand them answering me is low priority and I would like to see if I can find the answer before I bother them again.)
    User formerly known as "LittleBlue222".

  15. #795
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lunette View Post
    Does anyone know if the plated scales are a price upgrade and if so, how much? I have a feeling they might be but I'm just not sure.
    They're not a price upgrade, just another fantastic option to choose from

  16. #796
    Guess who is saving for another silicone tail? >_> And guess who has Mernation in mind? >_>
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

  17. #797
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    844
    Does anyone have pictures of the black and silver, or the darker blue? I've seen the blue/green irl and know I can't judge these tails based off the site pix (imo the blue/green is great online and hideous in person)



  18. #798
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    844
    I got another question, I have seen irl and in videos mers with this tail have a habit of the fluke heading towards the surface while the rest of them is level underwater. So basically swimming at an angle. Is this the nature of the tail or is it due to the swimmer's form?

    Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk



  19. #799
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    466
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    It probably has to do with the buoyancy of the tail and lack of weights. I have a genesis tail arriving at some point today though and I can probably offer an answer in the near future.
    ~~~ Sometimes life just needs a bit of magic ~~~
    Or you can follow my magical adventures at MyFaerieKingdom

  20. #800
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by Saelyyia View Post
    It probably has to do with the buoyancy of the tail and lack of weights. I have a genesis tail arriving at some point today though and I can probably offer an answer in the near future.
    Shouldn't the silicone make it sink? I have a fantasea fin (all silicone) and it goes straight down.

    Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •