Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast

Thread: The MerNation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I love mernation they are absolutely wonder and have been amazeing even thow my tail is paid for. I can’t send measurements because I am a little big at the moment so they are have made my drawing but will,start my tail when I send my measurements !!!!! I can’t wait to see more of their work in the mean time !!!!!

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app
    Yup they've the edge in customer service, something that's not easy for high end tailmakers. Respect ++.

Hope you love your tail, Satine!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

:O you guys!! here is my unboxing of the mernation genesis silicone tail! i will be putting a video review up in about a month. My first swim video will be up in a few days! hope you enjoy

How long did it take for everyone’s tail to arrive? I’m ordering the genesis around May so I have time to get the money and I’m worried it won’t arrive in time for summer.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMaggs View Post
    How long did it take for everyone’s tail to arrive? I’m ordering the genesis around May so I have time to get the money and I’m worried it won’t arrive in time for summer.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    It took two weeks for mine, but that includes being held in customs for a few days, US to Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Mari View Post
    It took two weeks for mine, but that includes being held in customs for a few days, US to Australia

Mine was about the same as Mari's except customs held onto mine for like a month.
    ~Mermaid Salacia~
    Sea Witch of South Australia
    https://www.facebook.com/themermaidsalacia/
    mermaidsalacia.weebly.com/

I think I am going to go with Mernation for my first tail, nothing too extreme since I love the colors on two of their genesis edition tails, plus they seem like they will last a while and I have heard so many great things about them. This would be the tail that truly tells me if I want to fully dive into this as a want and if I will get another tail in the future as an upgrade... I am so excited but I have to wait and save up more money

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Velos View Post
    I think I am going to go with Mernation for my first tail, nothing too extreme since I love the colors on two of their genesis edition tails, plus they seem like they will last a while and I have heard so many great things about them. This would be the tail that truly tells me if I want to fully dive into this as a want and if I will get another tail in the future as an upgrade... I am so excited but I have to wait and save up more money
    Please don’t get a silicone tail for your first tail unless you have practised with a monofin or fabric tail before, it’s a huge risk

I have been practicing with a monofin and am quite confident in my swimming with it now, I even carried my little cousins on my back while swimming near the walls just to be safe. I would have went right into silicone, but I knew the risk

I have been practicing with a monofin and am quite confident in my swimming with it now, I even carried my little cousins on my back while swimming near the walls just to be safe. I would have went right into silicone, but I knew the risk
    Alright just please be careful, any incidents reflect on the whole community

If I am still getting used to a monofin I practice near the sides of the pool, unless I just want to float for a bit... I am very boring* XD
    Last edited by Mermaid Velos; 12-16-2018 at 02:27 PM.

I know, which is why I also never swim alone, one of the key points to staying safe. I have been researching the best monofins and makers, I never found this page till today tbh...

Anyone off handily know how much the base price for one of their finned bracers?

Anyone off handily know how much the base price for one of their finned bracers?
    I believe mine were $200usd with fins and scale tipping. I think their bracer prices depend on each design

I feel like I have been searching for the info for daaaays and I am gonna be super embarrassed if it ends up it was staring me in the face the whole time xD but I just gotta ask

Does anyone know if the plated scales are a price upgrade and if so, how much? I have a feeling they might be but I'm just not sure.

I sent a curious email 5 days ago and no word yet (to be fair I'm nowhere near ready to buy just yet so I understand them answering me is low priority and I would like to see if I can find the answer before I bother them again.)
    User formerly known as "LittleBlue222".

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lunette View Post
    Does anyone know if the plated scales are a price upgrade and if so, how much? I have a feeling they might be but I'm just not sure.
    They're not a price upgrade, just another fantastic option to choose from

Guess who is saving for another silicone tail? >_> And guess who has Mernation in mind? >_>
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Does anyone have pictures of the black and silver, or the darker blue? I've seen the blue/green irl and know I can't judge these tails based off the site pix (imo the blue/green is great online and hideous in person)

I got another question, I have seen irl and in videos mers with this tail have a habit of the fluke heading towards the surface while the rest of them is level underwater. So basically swimming at an angle. Is this the nature of the tail or is it due to the swimmer's form?

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    It probably has to do with the buoyancy of the tail and lack of weights. I have a genesis tail arriving at some point today though and I can probably offer an answer in the near future.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Saelyyia View Post
    It probably has to do with the buoyancy of the tail and lack of weights. I have a genesis tail arriving at some point today though and I can probably offer an answer in the near future.
    Shouldn't the silicone make it sink? I have a fantasea fin (all silicone) and it goes straight down.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk