Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: The MerNation Thread

Hi there! Just wanted to chime in really quick to ease your minds with shipping. Mer-Crazy is right, shipping the duct tape dummy should definitely not be "that" expensive! Feel free to roll/fold/stuff/cram or otherwise make it as small as possible to get it over to us. We compare the dummy to measurements so don't worry about deforming it or anything. Also, standard international shipping for us is $200 USD. However, depending on the weight of your tail it maaaaaaay be a tad more if it's got all the bells and whistles and is a bit heavier.

Hope this helps! Feel free to email us anytime with questions! TheMerNation@gmail.com

Does the same form of measuring apply for mermaid tops? I'm an Australian 12G/12H so have small frame and large bust. Could I send you a slightly flattened bust dummy with my tail dummy to ensure it fits?
    ~Mermaid Salacia~
    Sea Witch of South Australia
    https://www.facebook.com/themermaidsalacia/
    mermaidsalacia.weebly.com/

We have not found that bust dummies work very well. In that case we just ask for very specific measurements regarding your bust and cup size to ensure the top will fit

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Saoirse's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Saoirse on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Saoirse on Tumblr
    I just sent in my ready to order email. A year of doing nothing but saving, and I'm so excited!!
    The Mernation team, Erin especially, has been nothing short of patient and sweet! I've been in contact with them far longer than I have been working at my current job, so they've seen me raise money only to lose it due to emergencies. This time though, nothing held me back.
    I purchased the matching top from them late last year and my gosh did they go above and beyond! I'm so happy that I chose Mernation to make my tail. The team's come such a long way and their work has been doing nothing but improving in leaps and bounds.
    When production begins on my tail I'm going to be working towards getting a functional video editing software. My plans to edit the unboxing video for my top were unsuccessful so I have raw footage but no way to work with it. I definitely want to have an unboxing video for when my tail comes in.
    Saoirse (Seer-sha) means "freedom" in Gaelic, which is what I feel below the surface. I'm a freshwater mermaid.
    Empress of the Strid Empire Pod

Quote Originally Posted by Mernation View Post
    So, this is what happens when tail makers are waiting for paint to dry between coats and have extra scales lying around....haha

I think I'm in love!

Attachment 20570
    If I order a tail from you can I get a dress too? Lol

Uh do we have a pricing on custom arm bracers with fins?

Hey guys! I'm in need of quick help! I've been using conditioner as a lubricant for putting my tail on, and it's terrible for dry gigs! Does anyone know of any Mernation tail safe lubricant that won't dry on your legs??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by The_MermaidBrianna View Post
    Hey guys! I'm in need of quick help! I've been using conditioner as a lubricant for putting my tail on, and it's terrible for dry gigs! Does anyone know of any Mernation tail safe lubricant that won't dry on your legs??

Coconut oil is always a great option, just make sure you rinse out your tail throughly afterwards. Water based sex-lube is also an option since you can get it from most grocery stores (at least in my country) just make sure it's not silicone based. Another option my friends and I are fond of is sunscreen and then bring a spray bottle of just tap water and squirt it over the sunscreen.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Production on my tail has begun! It's been about two years of me changing my mind as my design and budget adjusted. Before I was going to get a single-color until I pursued the thought of a custom color. Since Kelpie's already being made I figure it's safe for me to show her design on here~
    Name:  Janus Mernation Khaleesi fluke DORSAL VARIANT smal.png
Views: 897
Size:  253.5 KB
    I'm so glad I was able to get that dorsal fin in the end! The gold in it really helps tie in with the gold on the underside of the fluke.
    Saoirse (Seer-sha) means "freedom" in Gaelic, which is what I feel below the surface. I'm a freshwater mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Saoirse View Post
    Production on my tail has begun! It's been about two years of me changing my mind as my design and budget adjusted. Before I was going to get a single-color until I pursued the thought of a custom color. Since Kelpie's already being made I figure it's safe for me to show her design on here~
    Name:  Janus Mernation Khaleesi fluke DORSAL VARIANT smal.png
Views: 897
Size:  253.5 KB
    I'm so glad I was able to get that dorsal fin in the end! The gold in it really helps tie in with the gold on the underside of the fluke.
    Omg its beautiful! I can't wait to see it when it's complete! Make sure you post it here once you get it!

Ok i wanna see everyone's Mernation tails! Is this the place to do it? Why not? I will start! This is the first day I got my tail!

My baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

My tail's finished!!!!!
    I'm going to give Mernation the honor of showing photos of her off on their IG and Facebook first so they can add their watermark- but she's absolutely gorgeous! Far exceeded my own concept and really brought Kelpie to life! Now to finish tracking down a good video editing software-

My tail's finished!!!!!
    I'm going to give Mernation the honor of showing photos of her off on their IG and Facebook first so they can add their watermark- but she's absolutely gorgeous! Far exceeded my own concept and really brought Kelpie to life! Now to finish tracking down a good video editing software-
    I'm excited to see your new tail! I must have been next up in the cue because they are working on my tail now. Erin has been sending me updates almost every day. When they started pouring it (last wed) asking my input for the heel fins. They have sent pics of it once it has been put together and now they just sent pics of it starting to be painted. I'm so glad I decided to go with them! Its looking amazing! I was tempted to post some of the pictures but I kind of like keeping them to myself so it's a surprise when I finally can show everyone (plus it's respectful of MerNation to let them posts pics of their process).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Aerial Princess

Florida Springs Mermaid
    "You Can Swim With Us!"
    https://www.facebook.com/floridapods/

Tampa Bay Mermaid
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidaerialprincess/

I have my MerNation tail!! I picked it up yesterday. It is even more amazing than I expected. I'll write a review after I've put it on and swam in it a few times. Quick timeline because I'm blown away by some of the posts on other tailmakers threads that they have wait times of several years... I understand that everyone's wait is going to be different based on so many variables but my experience with MerNation was phenomenal! March 1st: I sent MerNation an email saying I was ready to order a tail but had a zillion questions and asked if I could meet them in person. March 6th: Met with them in person and they answered my zillion questions. I confirmed I wanted them to make my tail & they did all the things to start the order. March 8th: Sent cashier's check in the mail. March 11: Erin confirmed they received the check. ....then I waited. I knew they were going out of town for at least a week and that they were working on other orders (amazing correspondence). March 29: Received a text that they were pouring my tail. March 30: Confirmed heel fin shape. April 1: Received pics of tail assembly. April 2: Pics of base color painted. April 3: Pics of color blending. I confirmed color of skin tone for blended waist wrap. I had some last minute changes... April 4: Erin had a last minute suggestion that I instantly agreed on. April 5: The tail, top, & waist wrap were ready for pick up. I got there as quick as I could to get them! Once the tail making began they kept in constant contact with updates and discussion. I received over 40 pics and several videos of the tail while it was being made but once I saw it in person it was a million times more beautiful!! I'm slowly posting better pics on my IG "mermaidaerialprincess" but this is me trying it on for the first time last night

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Aerial Princess

Florida Springs Mermaid
    "You Can Swim With Us!"
    https://www.facebook.com/floridapods/

Tampa Bay Mermaid
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidaerialprincess/

Senior Member Pod of Cali WaterDragon's Avatar
    My tail's finished!!!!!
    Is it Kelpies fluke they just posted to instagram?

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon View Post
    Is it Kelpies fluke they just posted to instagram?
    Yep! I'm so happy with her eyespots. Erin wanted to break up the shape and make it more organic. She absolutely blew my mind with it.

Senior Member Pod of Cali WaterDragon's Avatar
    My tail's finished!!!!!

Yep! I'm so happy with her eyespots. Erin wanted to break up the shape and make it more organic. She absolutely blew my mind with it.
    If the body looks half as awesome as the fluke your tail is going to be jaw dropping.

I'm enjoying the suspense that's building as everyone waits to see full photos of my tail on Mernation's instagram ahahaha.
    Still considering how to handle editing my tail unboxing since I'd been sick/had just gotten home from work and forgot to mention the reinforced waist and a few other things. It's not too much of a concern but I still feel silly. I'd even written notes to keep in mind while doing the unboxing ahaha. Totally went off script and look a little emotionally dead. Sinus infections are no one's friend.

EDIT: I finished it last night so here we go!

Last edited by Mermaid Saoirse; 04-17-2017 at 02:54 AM.

I'm enjoying the suspense that's building as everyone waits to see full photos of my tail on Mernation's instagram ahahaha.
    Still considering how to handle editing my tail unboxing since I'd been sick/had just gotten home from work and forgot to mention the reinforced waist and a few other things. It's not too much of a concern but I still feel silly. I'd even written notes to keep in mind while doing the unboxing ahaha. Totally went off script and look a little emptionally dead. Sinus infections are no one's friend.

EDIT: I finished it last night so here we go!

Oh my God this tail is yours??? WOW!! I saw it this morning in Instagram and even my BF said it's just STUNNING!!

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~