So I am interested in working with the thickest Neoprene possible!
I want my tails to have a very thick fleshy appearance and less wrinkles.
I am aware of the cons such as sewing, and also buoyancy issues.
However the plan is to use the thicker 6mm Neoprene for the leg body only.
Also a zipper will be placed in the back of the tail and will start from the bottom and be pulled up, allowing for the user to access the feet and monofin foot pocket directly.
Also the monofin foot pocket will have vent holes along the front edge of the tail to allow for better air/water flow.
I'm also interested in seeing if i can use scissors or a turkey cutter (with proper lubrication of course) to cut the sharp box like edges on the sides of the neoprene down into a much smoother appearance.
I would also like to use skin colored body tights and or nude shape wear as an undergarment option under the tails.
small scales made from various materials can be set in place along the waist line along with (and or) painted scale patterns. This is done to give the appearance of scales blending into skin. ALSO it doubles as a fashion option as various materials can be sewn into the (nude) skin colored fabric such as sequins, beads, pearls, crystals...etc. And when the tail is taken off the undergarment can be worn alone.
The nude undergarment can also be dyed to better match all skin color types. People who are interested in this option could ask for color swatch fabric samples to better see which skin color is right for them.
I'm also interested in installing satchel pockets inside of the tail that could hold (soft) dive weights, to give options other then wearing belts if not wanted. The tail may or may not also include an elastic waist band to better keep the tail in it's proper place.

Anyone have any ideas or advice to add to this idea? What are your thoughts?