Thread: For those who remember mer.yuku...

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar

For those who remember mer.yuku...

Has anyone noticed that at the bottom of the page you can select different styles for this site? One of them is called "Old School". I haven't clicked on the optional styles in so long, and I forgot that one of them makes this site look similar to the original version of the forum, back when it was called mer.yuku.com.

You can activate it by going to the bottom of the page and selecting the style called "Old School", or you can set it to that style by clicking here:
    http://mernetwork.com/index/forum.php?styleid=11 You can change it back to the default by selecting the first style on the list.

Who here remembers this? God, that feels like so long ago.

For those who remember mer.yuku...

I actually have always had it set to that style since we moved. I frequently forget that the site is actually white, not blue :P

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Ha, really? That's funny. I didn't realize anyone made use of the alternate styles.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    I've tried them all out at one point or another but for some reason none of them grab me like the default skin does. It's so simple and elegant and easy on the eyes

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I had no clue lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    I just set mine on 'Benthic Zone. Black background with white letters is easier on my eyes. (Especially since mernetwork is where I go when I can't sleep in the middle of the night, the white background is blinding then, lol)
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

I use Benthic, too. I'm not fond of bright forums, I like the layout dark. And people have mentioned on chat now and then the colors that aren't showing for them because of the skin they're using. I think lots of people are using the option.

I remember finding MerYuku but I didn't join because I really hated Yuku. So glad you changed to what it is now.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    I'm with Aziara and Surly. Plus being dyslexic, light on dark helps keep the words in order for me
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Unfortunately, I have to change it back sometimes because text copied from other sites is still black'
    , and black on black = invisible
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    I remember that it looks so weird now going back to it

I was never a member of Mer.yuku but I remember in my early mermaid days I would come there to look for tail help, swimming, etc. So I sometimes switch to 'old school' to bring back some memories, but I agree with Melaina, default is so simple and pretty!

But I have to say that I don't see a difference between 'underwater' and 'default'. Maybe it doesn't work on my computer for some reason?
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Just bumping this cause the "Underwater" theme works now! Apparently it got messed up at some point, so I redid it

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr