Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mermaid Students

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Melanie's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Melanie on Facebook
    Hey folks sorry its been a while since i uploaded any videos as the internet has been ridiculous lol but heres the video from our training session before our event at Novotel -

Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

These are great and highly enjoyable videos, Melanie. Keep em coming!
    ~~ Awaken your Inner Mermaid ~~

Visit my art thread: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-s-Merfolk-Art

That's the deepest pool I've ever seen O-O

Thanks guys glad you like them ! for sure ill make more ! got some more training vids and also the novotel event video to do ! and yeah its pretty deep, great for practise !
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

So relaxing to watch, and I love the monofins in those two videos! Can you tell me what the brand is?

Hi SeaChange ! Thanks glad you liked it, i love watching anything underwater, like you said very relaxing ! I use two brands of fins the squarish ones are the Hyrda which Amanda uses in her truing video and the other is a SpecialFins Dolfin ( I am waiting for my new special fin to arrive thats got a carbon kevlar blade, but its been a long time to wait this time )

They both look gorgeous and so elegant! Which brand do you prefer? I peeked at the specialfins website and it looks like the offer different degrees of fin rigidity (also you can put your own brnading and images on them, how cool is that?).

Haha, I've been running underwater videos in the background while I draw at work. The bubbling noises are really calming. Maybe I should think about a little studio fish tank...

I love my special fin it gives great propulsion and i have the soft blade but the carbon kevlar fin I've ordered will be way stronger and faster but also harder to use in the water so it will be great training for my legs ! Always love the sound of water but id always advise against fish tanks, could always get a little water feature though !

A water feature other than the AC running over sounds pretty good!

Is the monofin Amanda is wearing in the first video you posted the same as the one from your dive training diary? Was it custom cut? I love the fishy shape.

The mono fin amanda wears is the Hydra in the videos but I train with my custom Special Fin mono fin - love it a lot but its going into my silicone tail this week and I'm waiting on my new special fin arriving ( same shape different blade - carbon kevlar blade )

I will be offering Mercademy in Arlington, TX,USA next summer. 2 week training program. I would love to discuss ideas and pick your brain a bit about your experience training mermaids/mermen. Thanks!
    Laura the Mermaid of The MerFriends
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com