Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to change review system?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel

Re: Time to change review system?

I agree with a possible minimum word count and a required format. Maybe having different required sections such as tail type, paint construction, ease of wear, etc.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

I really like the idea of having maybe separate boxes that are required to fill, then maybe optional ones. Wouldn't stop people from a lack of description, but it'd help people get more detailed in their review. A word count minimum sounds like a good idea but I think it'd also depend a lot on what the subsections would cover.

I agree. Many tailmakers also send the client photos of their tail in progress and a finished product picture to verify that's what the client wanted. Posting that should not be an issue at all. Photos should be required.

Also, maybe not limit it to how many posts, but perhaps how long they've been a member? i.e. you have to have been a mernetwork member for at least 1 month before posting a review. That way lurkers can post reviews without worrying about racking up the posts, and fake reviewers are less likely to remember login information (at least I would) or get discouraged from having to wait so long and decide not to post.

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla of Duluth View Post
    I agree. Many tailmakers also send the client photos of their tail in progress and a finished product picture to verify that's what the client wanted. Posting that should not be an issue at all. Photos should be required.

Also, maybe not limit it to how many posts, but perhaps how long they've been a member? i.e. you have to have been a mernetwork member for at least 1 month before posting a review. That way lurkers can post reviews without worrying about racking up the posts, and fake reviewers are less likely to remember login information (at least I would) or get discouraged from having to wait so long and decide not to post.
    ^Ayla, you are really clever! We're all discussing post count, and no one thought of a time-based system. I like this idea.
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Letting everyone know that I've changed the rules. At this time I am asking for proof of purchase via photos for the review to be approved- which there is now a moderation queue. Also the review must be at least 400 characters long. There may be other rule changes down the line, depending on how things go. I do appreciate your feedback

Also the huge coding issue that was keeping us from adding new tailmakers has been fixed, so I'll be adding them shortly.

Also there are some reviews that I suspect to be falsified. I will be contacting the writers of these reviews to follow up. If they do not respond or can not prove their purchases, their reviews will be removed.
    Last edited by Winged Mermaid; 04-15-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    you kick so much ass Iona! woo! lol. thanks for fixing that, I know the coding error was driving you nuts too lol