Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freediving Training Log

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Melanie's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Melanie on Facebook
    Thanks AptaMer! Ive been pretty quiet on here for a few weeks now because Ive had lots of family visiting and it was the final of the WeFreedive Suunto Series. This event had 3 disciplines - Static, Dynamic and No Fins Dynamic. I hadn't really pushed myself in training before the comp so I wasnt so sure Id do anything noteworthy but as it turned out I performed a new Personal Best in Dynamic at 85m - I'm not far from that 100m mark and I can't wait to get there ! I won female 1st for this discipline. My static was only just over 2:20 and I think I've had a mental block with my static recently so I'm hoping to get past that and make it back up to 3:30. Dynamic No Fins was a laugh, I had way too much weight ( always sort out your weights before the comp so you know exactly what you need on the day - i need to get my own weights as I was borrowing Walters and through swapping and changing my mind of weights I was way too heavy and felt i was almost dragging along the bottom at some points.) So I bailed out at 42m lol I came up with white cards all day so thats was the main thing. The comp was based on how many clean dives you had ( white cards ) Walter won leading me by one white card, and he won the D6i ( well deserved ! ) I came second and won my AIDA 3* Freediving Course !!! Im so happy and I can't wait to start the course. This course goes more into detail on how to train to become better and more in depth knowledge of dive theory. I have already met some of the requirements Ill need for the 3* but I think this course is going to be a tough one ! Anyway guys, here is my new DYN PB - competing in my custom monofin from SpecialFins and my Elios wetsuit !

Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Congratulations! And the AIDA 3* course is a very good achievement, maybe even better than the D6i .
    Sent from my phonebrick using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Dottie View Post
    This is so cool! I want to learn how to freedive correctly so bad. It's going to take me a bit to get there, though. I know I need to have less fat and more muscle to do well, and lessons are spendy. Someday, though. You are amazing. I love your agility and grace.
    I've gotten on a waiting list for Dive Addicts in Draper. You should too! I'd love to train with you.
    From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free. --Jacques Yves Cousteau