ABOUT MERMAID KAT SHOP Mermaid Kat Shop
Mermaid Kat Shop

Manufacturer: Mermaid Kat Shop

ABOUT MERMAID KAT SHOP:
Mermaid Kat's Shop, based in Geramany, offers realistic printed fabric tails and custom neoprene tails.

mermaid-kat-shop.de
Facebook Page
YouTube

RULES FOR REVIEWS:

1. Do not post a review until after you have received you tail, and used it at least once.
Otherwise it can not be a true review of the product. If you wish to complain about delays or poor customer service, or post a review after unboxing but before first use, please discuss that in a forum thread.

2. You must provide proof of purchase.
Due to abuse of the system, you MUST provide proof of purchase within your review. This can be a photo of you in your tail, or a photo of your tail with a piece of paper with "MerNetwork.com" written on it, placed on or near your tail so it can be clearly seen in the photo. This photo can be embedded (see instructions on how to do so below), or the photo can be linked to via url or hyperlink in the review. If you do not include this, your review will not be approved.
If you are having trouble inserting photos, please see THIS THREAD for a tutorial on how to do so.

3. Be respectful and objective.
If you have anything negative to say, please refrain from personal attacks on the tailmaker.

4. Share useful information.
Discuss the item's color, texture, weight, quality and shipping condition. You also may wish to describe the tailmaker's customer service and delivery time. Describe how it worked in the water, the process of getting it on and off, and other useful information.

5. Be truthful to the best of your ability.
Deliberately false or misleading information in reviews will not be tolerated.

Be aware that approval of reviews is at the Admin's discretion. If we have reason to believe a review is falsified, we will remove it.

5 out of 5 rating for Mermaid Kat Shop

Colour - Turquoise/Pink
    Size - L
    Contains - Tail with freedive monifin sewn in.
    Bikini top
    Transparent PVC mesh bag
    Materials - Monofin: Polypropylene with soft rubber footpieces.
    Swimwear fabric of 80% Polyester & 20% Spandex.

Price - €196,- (included shipping costs of €17,- towards the Netherlands)

Ordered on - June 10th, 2014
    Delivered on - June 17th, 2014

I just received my Mermaid Kat’s Tail, and I am more then satisfied so far!
    The fabric feels a little thicker then my previous tai land alot more durable, the monofin is HUGE in compare to my previous tail, and the colours are absolutely stunning!

Ordering was a piece of cake. You’re well guided through each step followed by a confirmation email at the end. The contact and service is wonderful. Whenever I emailed them I had a responce the same day. After this it’s a matter of being patient untill your tail arrives. You get a Track & Trace code to follow your tail.

The tail was well packed in a huge box, when opened you get your first glance upon your new tail which is packed in it’s own transparent bag, waiting for you to carry it to the water ;) The paperwork, a business card and a picture of Mermaid Kat is included.

The monofin was easy to put on using the straps on the side to adjust them to your size. The fabric fit like a second skin arround my own. The scales on the fabric look lifelike with little spots here and there. The turquoise blends in very smoothly with the (more fuchsia like) pink.

The only downside is that the bikini top is too small. I have this alot. I’m not too busty, but anything german always seems to small on the top parts.
    But I will create my own top with this. Untill then I use a "bathingsuit dress" in almost the same colour pinkas the tail.

Taking it for a swim tomorrow, and will edit this post to add the experience.

Edit:
    First of all my apologies for taking so long in writing the promised experience.
    Now to the point:

Swimming in it is absolutely awesome. The monofin can be strapped on to fit easily, and even after swimming in it for a full 2 hours it does not hurt my feet one bit. It propels me quite fast through the water, way faster then my previous tail. The kids absolutely LOVE it, and so did the swimmingpool! (I'm now officially their "pool-mer") In the light underwater it seems the blue glows up and I frequently hear: You got a glowy tail!
    In emergency situations it's easy to get out of the tail fast.

I had contacted Mermaid Kat by mail once more to ask for a custom to fit the "job" I have to play at the pool, and within two weeks I had a custom made top at my doorstep which fits perfectly on me and my tail.

Would definitely reccomend a tail from Mermaid Kat <3
    Last edited by MermaidFaline; 07-17-2014 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Stated in post. Had to update on swimming.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Summerlilly's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Summerlilly On Twitter

5 out of 5 rating for Mermaid Kat Shop

I recently bought a tail from Mermaid Kat, and I figured I'd review it here.
    Colour: Green
    Size: M tail skin with a large monofin

Ordering And customer service: The order process was super simple! I emailed Mermaid Kat asking about which skin would fit me best and she replied in the same day. The website is also super easy to navigate so there's that. I had questions about the monofins, tail skin, etc, and she answered each one as best as she could within a day! I ordered my tail and it came within about two weeks. There was only one problem here, my tail shipped in the wrong colour, I received a green and orange tail instead of the green one I wanted. I didn't care too much as the green/orange mix was quite pretty. I emailed Mermaid Kat about my problem, and she sent me a green tail skin free of charge! (It came while I was on vacation, but that was fine because I loved the other skin too!)

Tail and monofin: The tail comes well packaged in a box with a carrying bag (which broke the first time I used it but that was okay, I don't fret over the small stuff) and a tail care sheet. She even printed our emails and included a letter for me which was amazing. The monofin in the tail was sewn in and was a SoDive monofin. (forgetting the names like an idiot, I'll remember later) The tail is a spandex skin, so I had to be careful with sharp objects, but the tail was pretty sturdy otherwise. It has a beautiful printed scale pattern that looks somewhat more realistic than other tails, and is very stretchy.

Swimming: This tail swims beautifully. The monofin is very easy to put on and adjusts to your feet, and is a freediving monofin so it's also good for ocean swimming. The propulsion in this thing isn't as good as my old tail which had a finis wave monofin, but the bending fin makes me look more mermaidy. In my first few swims, I'm not sure how, but in both skins there is now a tiny little hole near the bottom of the fin, but it's not noticeable so it's not a big deal. I also had so ink bleed on my orange/green tail skin when I left it to dry but that's my fault... :I

As a whole, this tai is amazing and I recommend Mermaid Kat to everyone. The price range is good (just under 200$ CAN) and the tails are very good quality. Mermaid Kat answers every email within a day, and she is a pleasure to work with. Shipping is fast, and the tails are well packaged. 5 STARS!!!