Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merberry

Maybe a warning is a good idea,... Though maybe a little more graciously IMO. Everyone deserves a second chance, but I think caution is still a very good idea at this point.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook

I'm not known for my grace.

I did share it on my personal page and not my mermaid page, so I'm not sweating it.

whoa.. how did she go from alexplus to silicone?? o-o
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    All the people she ripped off financed it?

@ PearlieMae

I second your statement. You have my support. Better safe than sorry, a warning is fair considering the past.

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Since she's still paying me back (just got the third payment today) I'm being nice to her. In the meantime I'm hoping to get some more info from her, so I can let you all know what she's up to. I do know that she's been learning on how to use silicone as some sort of intern, but she didn't specify at what company.

We'll hopefully she can pull herself back up.
    The SeaGlass Siren

How do you prove?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Crystal Shimmer View Post
    She just released her new tail company: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Finsp...76315825894366
    Is there anywhere that say's it was formally Merberry's? I want to send them an email stating that its me and that payments need to start again but they could just email me back saying they don't know what I'm talking about. Or just continue to ignore me completely.

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Name:  Schermafbeelding 2014-09-17 om 07.55.39.png
Views: 348
Size:  154.5 KB

Is this enough?

Should be! Thanks so much for taking that picture! Just sent them an email now. Hopefully they will get back to me and continue refunding me till its done. If not i'm reporting them to the bbb and taking other action. Now if only someone could bring Fishbutts to justice

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Real silicone or tin cure

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Real silicone or tin cure
    Was that a question lol? I can't tell. But I think it's platinum cure

Edit: Name:  image.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  201.5 KB

Doesn't she still owe people refunds? This has red flags written all over it... Whether her tails (or tail*, judging by the only one she has on her page, which is a red flag all on its own) have improved in quality or not, she really should be focusing more on getting back in contact with the clients she still owes than with trying to start up her business all over again... It's possible she may be trying to use this as an opportunity to bring in money that she can then put towards refunding, but it's so, so easy for that strategy to turn into a death spiral and she could easily end up in the same mess she was in to start with if she isn't keeping 100% on top of things. And if she hasn't gotten back in touch with any of the people she still owes at this point, especially without them getting on her case first... I don't know. I'm wary.

I've got my fingers crossed, in any case. Hopefully Jade, and others like her who are still waiting, will get some resolution!

I feel better about her than I do fishbutts because at least she's trying to chip away at what she owes people. Stevi just took off.

Yeah, I'm definitely impressed with the fact that she's actually worked on improving her tailmaking methods and try to get back in business and refund people. I've got my reservations about it all, sure, but she's already done so much more than others like Stevi who just... dropped off the face of the planet, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    Doesn't she still owe people refunds? This has red flags written all over it... Whether her tails (or tail*, judging by the only one she has on her page, which is a red flag all on its own) have improved in quality or not, she really should be focusing more on getting back in contact with the clients she still owes than with trying to start up her business all over again... It's possible she may be trying to use this as an opportunity to bring in money that she can then put towards refunding, but it's so, so easy for that strategy to turn into a death spiral and she could easily end up in the same mess she was in to start with if she isn't keeping 100% on top of things. And if she hasn't gotten back in touch with any of the people she still owes at this point, especially without them getting on her case first... I don't know. I'm wary.

I've got my fingers crossed, in any case. Hopefully Jade, and others like her who are still waiting, will get some resolution!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely impressed with the fact that she's actually worked on improving her tailmaking methods and try to get back in business and refund people. I've got my reservations about it all, sure, but she's already done so much more than others like Stevi who just... dropped off the face of the planet, apparently.
    Didnt you just say it was a bad idea for her to start a business again?

Edit: that was my 700th post..huh. Neat
    Last edited by Kishiko; 09-17-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Sorry, let me clarify; my brain's been kind of all over the place today, oops!

I do think the strategy itself is a bad idea, mostly because I know far too many people in other costume-based fandoms who have ended up in Merberry's position-- They try making elaborate costume pieces, get overwhelmed with the work due to taking on way too many orders or poor overall quality, and when they start getting criticism/negative reviews/upset clients/whatever, they can't handle the pressure and try to run away from it instead of accepting responsbility. Then they come back with this "I'm changed, I'm going to make things right" routine and do the same thing they did before to try and make back money to repay the people they pissed off. Then, they.... take on too many orders, or let their production standards slip, and everything goes back to hell in the same handbasket it went down in the first time.

It's a really risky strategy, because it basically puts the builder back in the exact same position that landed them in that mess the first time. Personally, because of just how easy it is to screw up, I generally advise people not to go that route. If it's possible, try selling pre-made items instead of fully custom works, or something.

Even still, in Merberry's case, she's already done more than others who've been in her position simply by coming back out in the open and acknowledging what she's doing here. She's actually worked on improving her tailmaking, and has basically opened up a new line of communication so people she owes can get back in touch. I don't agree with the strategy itself, but I do give her major props for putting in as much effort as she has so far.

I'm wary, but at the same time, I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, because all things considered it IS pretty brave of her to come back. The very least I can do is offer some sort of support, even if I'm hesitant about it, because there's an actual chance here that she COULD manage to pay back her old clients. So I've got my fingers crossed for her.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    has she put out a price range yet, also i want to see more of her new work
    but honestly i'm happy she has manged to pull herself out of that downward spiral she got her self in
    hopefully everyone gets their money back
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

I know she tried to do a kickstarter to get herself out and reset her company I remember seeing that online