Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merberry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Merberry

So I have recently received several pm and emails about people not receiving tails at all from merbeery. One person told me over a year. I think it is time to start documenting the way we did with fishbutts. If you've had an issue please post here. You have no reason to be afraid and I sadly can't do a thing for you. Best to discuss with others.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

im from germany !
    I ordered it a year ago.
    She always told me she sends pictures. And keeps me up to date.
    After a few weeks I heard nothing more. And they also did not reply to my emails.
    I worked hard for this money and now it is waste.

If anyone sells a fishtail, I would buy it immediately, regardless of price.

I got my first tail from Merberry and it was an orca tail made of latex and neoprene. We kept up conversation and i paid her little by little till finally i was able to pay it off completely. She assured me that it would come in for the date that I would need it, way before that. Actually it came the day of but I didn't care as long as it came in. I took it to the pool and immediately when I put it on it was too big and kept slipping down. The monofin was too small and had been cut to the point of being useless, it didn't propel me through the water at all, it was barely there. And then the paint started coming off left a trail all the way back to the hotel room. Name:  failtail.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  55.7 KB Name:  failtail2.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  51.5 KB Name:  failtail3.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  34.3 KB I contacted her about it and she offered to fix it but I wasn't having it. I just wanted my money back. We agreed that she would pay me back 50$ a month till she'd refunded me fully. *only responding when i mentoned getting a lawyer involved* *The tail was almost 600$* No contact from her for a month. I reminded her and she asked for another month, saying she didn't have the 50. Ok, gave her a month, then asked for it again and again said she didn't have the money. Month after month I went through this with her promising to pay me but I had to keep on her for it. She ended up paying me back 100 dollars then no contact. After a bit i contacted her again and she'd started some other company? someone else answered and promised me more of my refund, then no contact after that and her etsy page is down. I've tried her Deviantart page and her facebook, no answer Then I got scammed by fishbutts. Hopefully third times the charm with FinFolk... Its beginning to seem like i'll never be a mermaid

that. is insane, and that's a hallmark of alex plus. uggh so sorry for you

Thanks Raina I can't believe how easy it is to scam over the internet. Just say your going to do something, then take everyone's money and never reply and shut down all facebook/etsy pages etc and just break off all contact. I still have the box it came in with the address...would that help? I'm trying to go after fishbutts legally, it will be a pain to go after her too

Jade, I just have to ask-- What exactly is the scale pattern like on your tail? From the photos you posted it looks like the scales are all running in the wrong direction...

I am so, so sorry you've had to deal with this. Being scammed once is one thing, but twice? That's totally unfair for you. Hopefully you'll actually see some results soon!

On the upside Finfolk seem to be a great company and your tail from them is bound to be beautiful. You'll be a mermaid, don't worry! <3

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    i think the scale pattern is like this.
    Name:  green-poultry-fencing-10804.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  14.0 KB
    it looks diagonal because of the way the shapes touch on the sides

I think MerHopefully is correct. I was actually surprised there were scales because orca's don't have any. It didn't look like that in the picture she sent me *the only picture she sent me, there were no progress pics and no communication while she was making it) Name:  orcatailfail.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  83.8 KB I asked her about it after, about just painting it straight to look more like an orca and she replied that wasn't possible because you would see the paint lines. I definitely wouldn't have minded, wish she had asked me beforehand, wish it hadn't been a piece of crap Sad part is SHE STARTED TO REFUND ME THEN STOPPED! Why couldn't she just refund me and be done with it? I wouldn't have ever bothered her again.

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Just to let you all know. I'm still sorting things out with Amanda. She promised to pay me back, and today I got the second payment. Now received 200 dollars from her, so I hope it all works out until the full amount is paid back. She's working on making silicone tails now. I saw a preview and it *looks* way better then anything I've seen from her with her latex tails. I do hope she will test those tails a lot before even thinking of selling them. =/

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Thank goodness! I was afraid she was going to drop off the radar like Stevie did. This gives me hope that I might see my money yet, or at least a tail!

She did drop off like stevi. Glad she's paying shimmer back but she didn't pay back others. I wouldn't trust future tails or business from her honestly. Her old tails looked nice in photos too...

Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    As soon as I know the new company name, I'll post it here. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Crystal Shimmer View Post
    As soon as I know the new company name, I'll post it here. =)
    I would very much appreciate that Shimmer. She still owes me quite a bit of money and dropped off the radar like Stevie. Can you pm me with any info you have?
    Jade

I'm pretty sure she's dropped off the face of the planet :| havent seen any activity in months..
    The SeaGlass Siren

She just released her new tail company: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Finsp...76315825894366

How do you prove?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Crystal Shimmer View Post
    She just released her new tail company: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Finsp...76315825894366
    Is there anywhere that say's it was formally Merberry's? I want to send them an email stating that its me and that payments need to start again but they could just email me back saying they don't know what I'm talking about. Or just continue to ignore me completely.

You can see the monofin (or are those just two swim fins together?? Zoomers?) very clearly through the tail -_-;; https://m.facebook.com/2763158258943...ce=46&refid=17

That's probably a lexan fin if zoomers show. And I don't think we should rag on it just yet, maybe watch the page/company and see how she does. I'm curious to see if she refunds everyone

Her faq says finis trainer. And it also lays out a lot of guarantees. Until I see one actually swim, I'm not convinced of the quality.

Oh then it's probably a cut/modified wave/rapid. But yeah, I'd like to see it in use before judging the quality.