Thread: ...and sometimes you stick your fin in your mouth

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

...and sometimes you stick your fin in your mouth

I wanted to share something totally stupid I did tonight in hopes other people can avoid it. I think I pulled a "tail maker" in that I accused someone of something they didnt do.

A photographer friend brought to my attention an image, that she thought was a manip of one of my stock pieces onto someone else's body.

The image's face was a totally different colour than the rest of the body, it had clearly been edited a lot, it has the same eyes, ears, teeth, mouth, nose, eyebrows, and even freckles in exact same places as me. Even the lines on the neck were identical to mine. When I put it into an image search that looks for the image elsewhere on the web it even turned up my photos!

Now, I couldn't place the photos 100% but I felt so sure it was at least a partial manip of one of my THOUSANDS of stock. I have 8 years worth of that stuff floating around, and that's not including official photos. And sure enough when I started going through my stock I got so paranoid (what does that remind you of?) thinking those eyes match, that nose matches, that mouth matches!

So, I let loose on the model feeling very righteous like I was standing up for my art and myself and yada yada....

And then, that poor young girl, sent me proof it was her photo. Despite everything and all these ridiculous coincidences... it totally was her photo. And to top it off, she was a fan of my Raina page T_T

Insert fin in mouth.

I felt so bad, so I wrote her back explaining why I had been so sure it was my photo (even all my photog friends thought it was!) and apologized, I asked her to forgive me, and promised to make a public apology which is what I did on my Raina account. I feel like the biggest bully ever.

So I just wanted to say, we're all not perfect. We all make stupid mistakes where we dont even realize we're wrong til the very last possible second. But I think we owe it to each other to apologize and more importantly ask forgiveness when we do mess up. I wanna do right by my fans. I know when they see the pic and read the story they can totally see where Im coming from, but when you get angry with someone and it's really only your own fault, you gotta take the time to make things right.

Her photo is on the left, a few examples of my stock on the right. Like I said, I was finding so many images that looked like it I was starting to go bat sh!t crazy! Everyone on my friends list on FB was all "that's so you!" You can see her regular full size photo here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...e=1&permPage=1 and the best examples of my similar ones are not my mermaid ones, but my ones on deviantART

Here's a famous actress that people got freaked out thinking it was a photo of me when I first went blond if only!

I'd like to think that if I were in the same situation that you found yourself in, I would have handled it the same way. Props to you, Raina.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Not everyone can admit to a mistake like that. I hope she accepted your apology.

Alveric

she did :3 lucky me.

Most people would be thinking that they made a huge mistake and hope no one, or at least limited people, noticed something like that. I think it's awesome you not only apologized, but you're posting about it because it makes a good point. You're awesome like that And you're right- everyone makes mistakes, but it's how you handle it that matters.

I am still so embarrassed. lol

Senior Member Pod of Texas Taylor is a Mermaid's Avatar
    Maybe the two of you are identical twins separated at birth. Or maybe she's your doppelganger! Watch out, Raina... ;P