Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Etsy: SeaShore Siren by Mermaid Iona

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    *snicker* i bought it. I need to kick my mermaid accessory game into high gear!

Follow Mermaid Aubrie On Twitter Add Mermaid Aubrie on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Aubrie's Youtube Channel
    Very pretty, you have a unique style! Do you find any of your shells?
    ​ MerLove & Light, xoxo Mermaid Aubrie

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Galene View Post
    You really are a siren, Iona! Your jewelry calls to me, and I cannot resist! I'm gonna swing from that chandelier. Necklace.
    Thank you so much Galene <3 It makes me so happy that you got a piece I put so much work into ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by MerHopefully View Post
    Oh I definitely want a pair of barnacles! I might just order them..... I've been thinking of sticking barnacles on the top but ears are great!
    Quote Originally Posted by MerHopefully View Post
    *snicker* i bought it. I need to kick my mermaid accessory game into high gear!
    Awesome! If you want any lose barnacles for tops, ect, let me know! I plan on selling them loose like that, I just haven't gotten around to making a listing. (I cold combine shipping if you want to order any in the next few days.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Aubrie View Post
    Very pretty, you have a unique style! Do you find any of your shells?
    Thank you! I wish! Sadly the portion of the Puget Sound I'm in doesn't have much in the way of shells. The barnacles are the only thing locally I've been able to salvage for use, and those I made a mold of (can't use real barnacles for accessories, they stink to high heaven :P). Everything else I buy from shops or order online.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook
    Hey Iona, I saw the custom listing you made for me and I will pay for it as soon as I can. I'm working a temp job this week and just paid off the last $300 I needed for the extra fins on my Merbella tail, so I'm tapped out at the moment. But I will pay for it; promise, mer's honor Hopefully my check will be in by next week.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    I want the barnacle earrings soooo much...but no international listing
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

I would love little mini sand dollar post earrings. Not sure if you could find a sand dollar that small to make a mold, though. One interesting thing about rigid neoprene, as opposed to resin, is that it shrinks 10% when cast. So you can start with a larger object and then make successive molds from each cure-shrunk cast until you get the size you want. It's a tedious process, though.

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Quote Originally Posted by Waikiki Mermaid View Post
    Hey Iona, I saw the custom listing you made for me and I will pay for it as soon as I can. I'm working a temp job this week and just paid off the last $300 I needed for the extra fins on my Merbella tail, so I'm tapped out at the moment. But I will pay for it; promise, mer's honor Hopefully my check will be in by next week.
    No worries! Your pendant hasn't arrived from overseas yet, so no rush

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyena View Post
    I want the barnacle earrings soooo much...but no international listing
    As it says in the listing "If you need international shipping, please contact me before purchasing." I have to go to the post office and have them give me a shipping quote for international orders so I don't over or under charge. Just PM me on Etsy with what item you wish to purchase, and your City and Country and/or postal code and country- I'll get a shipping quote then add it to the shipping options on the listing

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Galene View Post
    I would love little mini sand dollar post earrings. Not sure if you could find a sand dollar that small to make a mold, though. One interesting thing about rigid neoprene, as opposed to resin, is that it shrinks 10% when cast. So you can start with a larger object and then make successive molds from each cure-shrunk cast until you get the size you want. It's a tedious process, though.
    I'm having some 1/2inch sand dollars come my way this week! If I'm successful in molding them, I should be able to make some nice little post-based earrings. Meanwhile I'm working on some double-sided dangle earrings too

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post

Awesome! If you want any lose barnacles for tops, ect, let me know! I plan on selling them loose like that, I just haven't gotten around to making a listing. (I cold combine shipping if you want to order any in the next few days.)

Oh really? Well I don't have anything to actually attach them to yet, so I'll wait for now. I'll definitely keep that in mind though! If I make a shell bra I'll definitely ask you about some loose barnacles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iona, I got your package

Stupid Etsy still didn't update the tracking thing though

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    Iona, I got your package

Stupid Etsy still didn't update the tracking thing though
    Yay! I'm so glad it arrived okay Yes, I think that once it departed the LA facility it was handed over to international shipping companies, and they chose not to (or couldn't) update the tracking. That has made it clear that I need to update international shipping info for my listings.. was a bit unnerving for both of us I think!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    Must have missed that part...whoops, sorry >_<
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

No problem! I realize I had it in the listings but not in the shipping policies (you know, where people would actually look for it ), so I added it to the shipping policies too.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

I would love a pair of seaweed earrings <3 since mine are crap lol How mutch would it cost shipping included?

Iona, today I offered the content of your package to my friend Claire who is a French professional mermaid in Paris and she LOVED it! She said it was perfect

It was a great birthday present. Thank you from both of us. We love what you do

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Thank you, Iona! They're beautiful and I love them! <3

Thank you Arion and MerHopefully! Always so glad to hear that customers are happy!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    I WANT those barnacle and sand dollars! I'm using my first paycheck for those! I love my dangly earrings, but they catch in my hair too much, I LOVE the idea of studs, and these are way too affordable not to get! I hope you have LOTS, I plan on buying a bunch!

Yay my head dress and earrings arrived! They look stunning xx

I'm so happy they arrived safely! They look so great on you!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Been slowing down lately, and after I list some more things this weekend, I'm taking a bit of break. I'll also be taking down my sand dollars and possibly any other made-to-order products. This is becuase 1) my best friend is flying next week for 2 weeks, and since I very rarely get to see her I'll be spending all my time focusing on her. This may or may not involve some down time with crafting, so I may have some more items to list, I may not. 2) I have several projects that need more attention for a bit. I have a trade project that is overdue for finishing up for one that is very time demanding. Also a local healing fair that I'm helping organize, will be volunteering at as a fairy (need to work on that outfit as well), and also need to make items for the raffle. Lastly I need to start preparing a new tail and other details for Faerieworlds in July.

Again, only temporary, but I thought I'd give you guys a heads up!
    Also I have a limited number of sand dollars available for purchase on the listing, and after they're done I may not be relisting them. I may just sell them on my accessories, or possibly throw up a grouped listing (selling in a set lot, not individually). Turns out they're WAY too much work for what I'm charging, and I found myself hating it after several orders. They just need so much detailed work, and I've cut my fingers up tons doing that. So just a heads up on that!

One more thing- I can't find the pearl strands that I've been using any longer. I got more, but they're much smaller. There's one pair of seagrass and pearl earrings left- after that those with that particular pearl strand will be done. I'll be listing the seagrass and pearl and the baby kelp and pearl made-to-order earrings again after things slow down, but they'll have the different pearl strands.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona