Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Etsy: SeaShore Siren by Mermaid Iona

Reactivated some of my custom listings I'm not putting up the sand dollars for now, as I need to catch up on backlogged orders. I know some of you have been very patient with me, since I was gone 10 days with only a 2 day break between 5 day ventures (and I had to attend to my household- note: 9 loads of laundry in those 2 days haha).
    Also I've been suffering from severe and increasingly frequent headaches the past few months that has kept me from keeping on top of things. I went to the doctor and was told that I have classic tension headaches. So, stress induced, and the more stressed I got about being behind on orders, the worse and more frequent they got. I get them 3 days in a row sometimes, at least several a week. So that means I can't do anything but lay in bed and hate every light and sound in existence. I got some medication filled today that's prescribed specifically for busting tension headaches, so hopefully this means I can get back to full productivity

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I loves everything you make, I feel like you undercharge tho woman! lol

Are you sure they're tension headaches and not migraines, Iona? Sound and light sensitivity are characteristic of migraines, and sometimes general med doctors don't recognize migraine symptoms as such.

That being said, orders can wait! Don't make yourself sick with pressure and worry over orders; your creations are worth waiting for. Now I'm going to toddle over to your Etsy shop...

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    I'm over the moon with my new accessories from Mermaid Iona! They are helping my little mermaids look even more beautiful and magical!
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I loves everything you make, I feel like you undercharge tho woman! lol
    Yeah, everyone tells me that :P I've basically been keeping track of how much every single pearl, every shell, every thing of fake seaweed costs- so I don't over or under charge- but not calculating for my time at all. I guess I just feel like mermaids are already broke and no one would buy if I charged too much I'm starting to charge more for things that take a lot of extra time to make though. I think that's fair

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Galene View Post
    Are you sure they're tension headaches and not migraines, Iona? Sound and light sensitivity are characteristic of migraines, and sometimes general med doctors don't recognize migraine symptoms as such.

That being said, orders can wait! Don't make yourself sick with pressure and worry over orders; your creations are worth waiting for. Now I'm going to toddle over to your Etsy shop...
    I thought they were migraines too! But I went to the doctor and explained everything, and he explained to me the physical differences and causes between those and tension headaches, and thus why migraine meds wouldn't work for me. He was actually really great in explaining it all, which- thank god, cause usually doctors like to blow me off! And thank you I hope my creations are worth waiting for, but I still always feel SO guilty when I get behind! I hate making people wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Fifi Tigg View Post
    I'm over the moon with my new accessories from Mermaid Iona! They are helping my little mermaids look even more beautiful and magical!
    I'm SO glad you're pleased with them! It always makes me so happy when my customers are pleased with my work <3

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Saoirse's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Saoirse on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Saoirse on Tumblr
    To celebrate having dated three years so far, my boyfriend hijacked my Etsy and used his money to buy a pair of your baby kelp earrings! I read the notice, and it's not a problem to wait a bit longer for them. If he hadn't bought them though I was planning on doing so anyways! Your accessories are gorgeous.
    Saoirse (Seer-sha) means "freedom" in Gaelic, which is what I feel below the surface. I'm a freshwater mermaid.
    Empress of the Strid Empire Pod

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Wish i had the spare funds to buy a pair of the beetle wing earrings. They are super pretty, I've always wanted a pair
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Saoirse View Post
    To celebrate having dated three years so far, my boyfriend hijacked my Etsy and used his money to buy a pair of your baby kelp earrings! I read the notice, and it's not a problem to wait a bit longer for them. If he hadn't bought them though I was planning on doing so anyways! Your accessories are gorgeous.
    Aw, that's so sweet! ^_^ Sorry for the wait- turns out the fake plants I use to make the earrings are seasonal (spring-summer), and they were all gone at my local stores! I ended up having to order them online with a site that had a really high minimum order, so I'll have LOTS of stock now, haha

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Mermaid View Post
    Wish i had the spare funds to buy a pair of the beetle wing earrings. They are super pretty, I've always wanted a pair
    Thank you! I love beetle wings- if they weren't so spiky I'd glue them on everything! I tried making a bracelet once.. when wearing it I ended up stabbing myself several times with the pointy bits! They're perfect for earrings though

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Thank you! I love beetle wings- if they weren't so spiky I'd glue them on everything! I tried making a bracelet once.. when wearing it I ended up stabbing myself several times with the pointy bits! They're perfect for earrings though
    I bet they would be pretty on a headdress. How did you have them on the bracelet? Maybe lay them a different direction?
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Just an update to let everyone know that I will not be taking any custom orders or top orders (I've removed these options from my Etsy) until further notice. I've just been too ill to handle them, especially in a timely matter (due to the frustratingly unpredictable nature of my health). I'm expecting to move to a new house soon, but after I get set up at my new place I plan to list ready to ship items when I can If we snatch the house we have our eye on I will have a whole room to myself for my crafting space, which is pretty exciting!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Aw ok. I've been hoping to order some loose barnacles from you soon, but you need to take care of you. I can make due. Feel better ok Iona?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after a longer than planned hiatus (moving chaos, then surgery, then health issues/doctors appointments galore- ah life, haha) my shop is open again! Just listed a bunch of stuff Here's some of the new listings:

Name:  il_570xN.753153083_4ukj.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  44.9 KB
    (listing)

Name:  il_570xN.753078422_eiki.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  115.8 KB
    (listing)

Name:  il_570xN.753173129_fy9o.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  125.8 KB
    (listing)

Name:  il_570xN.753180945_o0v8.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  154.8 KB
    (listing)

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

*dies* Hfsjsvdkc IONA THEY'RE GORGEOUS! You've got mad skills, gurl! Also, I really hope you get better soon! nothing sucks more than being too sick to get out of bed and being a landlocked mermaid. *hug*
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

@Iona

These are lovely! Are we going to see soon necklaces for mermen? I would be ready to buy one from you

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Those really are very pretty, Iona.

WANT. So lovely, Iona!

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

Thank you guys! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    @Iona

These are lovely! Are we going to see soon necklaces for mermen? I would be ready to buy one from you
    I was actually aiming to put together some soon. I was super pysched about a Gem Fair this past weekend, then I learned they moved it from Seattle to Oregon so I couldn't go and get all the awesome stuff I wanted to I might have some ideas for more unisex necklaces that could work well, though I just get caught up in all the frilly shiny stuff a lot haha XP

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Thank you guys! ^_^

I was actually aiming to put together some soon. I was super pysched about a Gem Fair this past weekend, then I learned they moved it from Seattle to Oregon so I couldn't go and get all the awesome stuff I wanted to I might have some ideas for more unisex necklaces that could work well, though I just get caught up in all the frilly shiny stuff a lot haha XP
    I'm sorry to hear about Gem Fair. I hope you will get to go to the next edition. Thank you for thinking about us.
    I can't wait to see what you will come up with! Unisex necklaces sounds like a great start to me until you make a men collection

I love these new pieces, Iona!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    Is there any chance you will be making the star sea shell clip again? I just missed out on buying it and I would love to have one.