Thread: My Shell Tail Labs...err...TAIL!

Senior Member Pod of Cali HBMermaid_Angela's Avatar

My Shell Tail Labs...err...TAIL!

So, I recently just picked up my mermaid tail from Mermaid Shelly at Shell Tail Labs. I am so very very happy with this tail! Mermaid Shelly is such an awesome person and I highly recommend her! Reasons to consider ordering your tail from Shell Tail Labs:

1. It is a custom made tail. She lets you tell her what you want YOUR tail to look like, and she does it!! All you have to do is provide her with a picture and she turns that picture into a reality!! These aren't your standard "cookie cutter/color" tails.

2. She stays in constant contact with you and send you photos as progresses on your tail. Every time I emailed her she responded with in 24 hours but it usually NEVER took that long for me to hear from her.

3. She is such a sweet and friendly mermaid! She takes care and time on each tail. You can honestly tell that she does this for fun, not just to make money.

4. She includes a scale top in the price!! How cool is that? Not only does she make a tail for you (for one set price) but she also includes a scale top that matches your tail!!

5. Should anything go wrong with your tail (which NOTHING has gone wrong with mine) she is more than willing to help resolve any issues or problems. I know this by personally speaking with her.

6. Ok, so here is one of the main reasons why I LOVE Mermaid Shelly....she donates 10% of the money you pay her to the Surfrider Foundation. The Surfrider Foundation is an excellent charity that arranges beach clean ups and helps conduct water cleanliness test as well as educate millions of people about keeping our oceans clean. HOW COOL IS THAT?? I know Mermaid Shelly is passionate about the ocean (heck, what mermaid isn't?) and she "practices what she preaches!" I have never seen or heard of any other tail maker donating some of the proceeds of the tail to an organization. **Please forgive me if I am wrong in that statement.**

You can check out pictures of the tails she made on her website www.mermaidshelly.com or visit her on facebook. To see pics of my tail you can follow the link below to my facebook page. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my little review!

Senior Member Pod of Texas taom's Avatar
    She sounds absolutely fantastic! Thanks for the wonderful review!

Mermaid Shelly is pretty comprehensively awesome, yes!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    we love Shell

Chesapeake Pod
    Beautiful tails : )
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    Each project is $1,000 right? Does the price ever get higher?

Hi there! At this time, all tails are all-inclusive $1000. Whatever design, whatever fins, whatever colors. The price can be reduced if you provide your own monofin, but there should be nothing to put it over $1000, other than if we ship t California and have to pay sales tax.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    Thanks!

Cool I want one!!!
    User formerly known as "Deep Sea Siren".

"One day I'll no longer be a stranger to the sea.

Member Pod of the Midwest
    Pod of the Great Lakes
    I saw that she donated, and that is what convinced me if I get a latex tail and am ordering it, it will likely be from her. She seems super pleasent and responsive, as well as passionate about her work.

I love Shelly, she's so supportive of my tails and creates some stunning mermaid tails herself. If you look at her pictures you can see how much she improves everytime she makes a tail, they're only getting better and better x

I have two tankini type of tops from Mermaid Shelly and they both ROCK. I don't have a tail from her but her tops are a great way to cover up without taking away from the mermaid feeling. It is so nice (if you are one of the bustier mers, or even smaller!) to have another option. She is one of the few mermaid creators that I trust; if you are looking for a great product made by someone who LOVES what she does and puts her absolute all into it- go with Shell Tail Labs all the way!!

Chesapeake Pod
    If I ever ger a latex tail...it will definetly come from Shell Tail Labs! <3
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Senior Member Pod of Cali HBMermaid_Angela's Avatar
    Aqua - her tails are neoprene with SILICONE not Latex!!

I'm so glad you like your fin. I adore mermaid Shelly; once I save up, I'm def getting a tail from her 'labs'.