Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MerNetwork has just been moved to a new server. Report any errors here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar

MerNetwork has just been moved to a new server. Report any errors here!

Yesterday we relocated the site to a new server with a new hosting company. In the long run this should make the site run better and with fewer errors, but right now the site has been a bit buggy due to the change. We're in the process of taking care of those issues, but in the meantime we can give info about that here, and you guys can report any errors you encounter.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Some of the smileys aren't displaying in the list.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I can't seem to post any photos. It goes through the upload steps, but never shows in the window. Thanks!

i too cant post photos nor upload do you know how to fix it?

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I actually cant see any images at all. (except for people's icons and signatures)

Quote Originally Posted by MerHopefully View Post
    I actually cant see any images at all. (except for people's icons and signatures)

Yup, I can't see them either...

I can occasionally see pictures but they are usually what I've posted or the newer ones other mers post. In other words: older pics don't pull up for me.....
    One small flip for a mer one giant leap for merkind!

Actually I think I am the same as Jessie

oh also tapatalk does not seem to be functional oops

We're working on fixing the attachments/general images (including smiles) issue. We should have that fixed tomorrow if all goes well.
    Tapatalk I tried fixing this morning and it was having none of it. I'm going to try again tonight and see if I can get it to behave.

Due to the nature of ISPs and servers and stuff that quite frankly I don't fully understand, we just might have to wait a few days for some of the bugs to round out. Keep reporting any issues, and thank you for bearing with us

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

I'll look into these issues tomorrow. Thanks for lettting me know about them.

If Tapatalk or mobile view isn't working for you, here's what you need to do to fix it!

You need to clear the DNS cache on your mobile device! Your DNS cache stores the locations (IP addresses) of webservers that contain pages which you have recently viewed. If the location of the web server changes before the entry in your DNS cache updates, you will be unable to access the site. Same for the Tapatalk app. If you wait for it to update on it's own, you may be waiting a while. For Apple devices, turn your phone/tablet on airplane mode! If you have wifi, try turning wifi on and connecting to the mobile view or tapatalk app while in airplane mode before you turn airplane mode back off.

For android, try the steps here: http://georgecm.hubpages.com/hub/How...-Android-Phone

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

hi malinghi i m having trouble uploading photos to new album any suggestions?

I can't view a lot of images, some seem to work and others don't!
    Thanks

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Romy's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Romy On Twitter
    Follow Mermaid Romy on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Romy's Youtube Channel
    Yeah I'm on the images boat too :C None of my albums are working either...

Pretty much all of the pictures aren't working right now. It's basically a set of files that didn't make the transfer that we're having to transfer over after the fact. Also since that's where the database stores photos that people upload, that file/directory doesn't exist on the new server yet so you can't put anything in it. Non-default smiles, albums, attachments, even photos in the forum skins are missing. The only photos that are visible right now are ones that are icons or are hosted elsewhere- like when people post from photobucket, which most do with signatures which is why they're still visible.

We'll get it fixed You can still upload images that are hosted elsewhere- just whenever you click to upload from the URL, uncheck the box that says to take the image and host it locally (locally = on our server). It will post images if you do it that way. Once we get this taken care of (should be tomorrow) everything should go back to normal.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Union of Pods of the North
    Add Sephina on Facebook
    Follow Sephina on Tumblr
    I don't see the old latest posts/top posters/top threads anymore. Should I be able to?

Okay, it looks like the attachments should be working again. Everyone should be able to see the attachments, and upload new ones. If it doesn't work for you please let me know.

I don't see the old latest posts/top posters/top threads anymore. Should I be able to?
    No, that's temporarily disabled. I might not get around to re-enabling it for a couple days. Is it your preferred method of seeing the latest threads? I'm very interested in which features of the site people find most useful.