Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MerNetwork has just been moved to a new server. Report any errors here!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Delphine's Avatar
    Aw, new server bugs! Site wouldn't let me attach files (photos or anything) today. :/

Is the recent wave of spam bots because of the new server?

No, the spam bots aren't because of the new server. The bots are always there, but the reason whey they're getting through is that
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    We had a good bot/spam filter mod and a different captcha at registration, but we had to disable them because it was causing errors.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Woops sorry! Didnt see your last post about it! Oh happy birthday by the way!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    you guys can always just report the spam with the little ! button.

No problem And thank you! Was kind of crazy to wake up on my birthday and see penises on my forum O_o Looking into new spam-blocking mods tonight!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Haha yeah that was a bit of shock when opening -and scrambling to click away from- that thread lol

Just installed a new spam mod, we'll see how it goes! If you guys run across any errors, please report them here. Thanks!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

It says there's an attachment, but you can't click on it. And Before, you didn't need to click on it. But the photos posted later on are seeable.

Its weird the attachments have been working fine for me

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Oh well, but that is strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    It says there's an attachment, but you can't click on it. And Before, you didn't need to click on it. But the photos posted later on are seeable.
    We had an issue with the attachments but it was fixed.. not sure why it isn't working for you. Can you provide some details? (Obviously you need to be logged in to see attachments, just checking that you're logged in.) What browser are you using? Also, when you scroll down to the very bottom of the page, what version of vBulletin does it say the forum is running on?

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

I've been having photo problems as well. On the tapatalk app, all of the photos show, but they're very pixelated like they're buffering but can't load all the way. So all the photos posted show up blurry. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm curious if its just me or not...
    formerly known as Julianne.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    The site bugged out for me on the show us your tails thread- it seemed to think that my farthest read post was the first one, and when I tried to go to the last page, it wouldn't go past pg 67 (out of 69.) I don't think this is happening on any other threads for me yet.

Edit- it still thinks the farthest read post is the first one. Kinda weird.

for some people, gifs arent working. I've been using them in posts and on my end no matter what they work, but people report not being able to see them. I usually just do the code, or copy and paste right in, I dont usually attach them. But previously all 3 methods worked. Not sure if it's a bug with the move or not!

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ShyMer View Post
    The site bugged out for me on the show us your tails thread- it seemed to think that my farthest read post was the first one, and when I tried to go to the last page, it wouldn't go past pg 67 (out of 69.) I don't think this is happening on any other threads for me yet.
    same here.

I've been having a problem where if I leave a tab open with a forum thread, and go to reply on it later, it gives me a message that my token has expired and to reload the page. I refresh the page, and still get the same error, so I can't post. I have to go out of the thread and then re-navigate to it to be able to post on it. This is happening on one of my own threads, so I do have permission to post on it.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kera View Post
    I've been having a problem where if I leave a tab open with a forum thread, and go to reply on it later, it gives me a message that my token has expired and to reload the page. I refresh the page, and still get the same error, so I can't post. I have to go out of the thread and then re-navigate to it to be able to post on it. This is happening on one of my own threads, so I do have permission to post on it.
    Thanks!
    This has always been an issue, actually. I can look into it, but it may just be part of how the forum software handles it.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

I actually didn't find this problem before the server switch, but that may just be because I didn't post as much back then, so it may just be an artifact of higher usage on my part. All good, now that I know it is not just me, it's fine, I have my workarounds

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ShyMer View Post

Edit- it still thinks the farthest read post is the first one. Kinda weird.
    Yep, same here. Came here to report it myself. Can't get past page 67 on desktop or mobile :\