Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Youtube LOL

Ah, so now is my chance to disagree with you on something, caltuna, just like Raina before me...lol

At least, if you're referring to Christianity as "some established religion". You see, as amazing and frightening as it may sound in light of so much that has happened since the Turn of the Millennium, religions are still not just for the blindly indoctrinated but also for those actually seeking the truth. Established, mainstream religions have gained their influence through many means (not all of them pleasant), but the more freedom is allowed by the culture, the more one should consider why that culture's dominant religions have somehow managed to endure even when people are freely permitted to abandon them.

I really would like to leave it there, as this is a forum for merfolk (and I'll be the crazy little mermaid who believes in immortal Christian souls and will risk everything as a result ). Religion is kind of my life, so I am a bit sensitive about this sort of thing (I've little choice when in the precarious position of "transsexual Sister-in-training"...lol)

Honestly, if anyone reading this doesn't believe in supernatural entities, you are free to lump me in with the angels and Joan of Arcs and have fun with it. I'm known online as "Maiden Paladin"....
    Because you can be a mermaid and have an immortal soul!

COMING SOMETIME (THERE'S NO HURRY):
    MY TAIL; Merbella Studios and Tia Michelle Pesando's Collaboration,
    THE FIRE ANGEL SEA DRAGON a.k.a.
    THE MER ON FIRE​!

Okay, I figured that this sort of goes here too. The group has a rule about posting about spells or anything that have "powers" that aren't really possible (like controlling someone, or instantly killing someone. Just think Harry Potter spells basically lol) and I got this little gem yesterday.
    Name:  ex1.png
Views: 253
Size:  13.9 KB
    Ah, telekinesis.
    I haven't responded yet because I don't know how to respond! I want to tell them that this group isn't the right place to post something like this, but I can't really decide on a way to word it lol. And it doesn't help that being the occult nut that I am, I know of a few instances in which it's claimed that someone did have the power of telekinesis (and there was even a whole CIA sector for psychics who had this ability and others like it that were being studied in I think the 60's but don't quote me on that time lol,) so don't want to go in and say that it's impossible.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    You could say:
    "I've never, ever known or seen anyone who could do that, and those I've heard of claiming they could, never produced any proof they really had any power, or they were found to be scammers.
    In short, I don't think there's anyone in the world who could teach you this."

but you're right, wicca is not about such "powers", it's about visualisation and the mind, so...it's probably tough to discuss things with the modern TV generation.

shouldn't have done that-
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidMichelle View Post
    "MASQUERADE! Paper faces on parade! Masquerade; hide away so the world can never find you....".

MASQUERAAAADE! Every face a different shaaaade! Masquerade! Look around there's anooother maaask behind you!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of The South Ariadne's Avatar
    Add Ariadne on Facebook
    Sigh...and to think, these people will be running our world someday. And, what are tripp pants????

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Sigh...and to think, these people will be running our world someday. And, what are tripp pants????
    Tripp pants are these baggy pants with lots of buckles on them commonly sold at hot topic for an arm, a leg, and your first born son. Usually (in the goth scene
    ) people who were them are known as mall goths (usually teens who hang around the mall/ people who buy lots of mainstream goth clothing.)
    they look like this:
    Name:  tripp-chain-pants-handcuff.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  103.4 KB

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Yikes! They look like something out of a manga comic!

Senior Member Pod of The South Ariadne's Avatar
    Add Ariadne on Facebook
    Well that goes a long way toward explaining why so many of them think they are really vampires/werewolves/whatevers... :/

Add Echidna on Facebook
    *looks at pants*
    *looks at comment*

eh...how do the pants explain that?
    are they infused with intoxicating substances?

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Caidence's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Caidence's Youtube Channel
    I remember when I was 8 or 9 I completely believed in the "spells". I'm 16 now and I'm thinking "Oh god why...how could I be so stupid?". But honestly the people who made me believe in these spells were very convincing.
    http://www.43things.com/entries/view/3088083 I remember this was the forum thing I was always following. And now I have this "spell" burned in my head. I can literally repeat it from memory.

Insouciant inclemency
    Redoubtable mediocracy
    Refutable humanity
    Make me what I wish to be…
    A MERMAID
    Witches one and witches all
    Give this power to me

I also remember seeing this photo and "knowing" that the spell would work. It does actually look pretty realistic.

But time goes on, and you realize the closest thing you can do is make a silicone tail.
    Formerly known as Mermaid Serinessa

Add Echidna on Facebook
    so strange, I never heard about spells until now. I must have been living under a rock

however, I just stumbled over a site where all members are dragons from space.
    yes, you heard that right.
    Name:  zomg.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  257.0 KB

don't ask how I got there :/

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by draggersprez View Post
    Tripp pants are these baggy pants with lots of buckles on them commonly sold at hot topic for an arm, a leg, and your first born son. Usually (in the goth scene
    ) people who were them are known as mall goths (usually teens who hang around the mall/ people who buy lots of mainstream goth clothing.)
    they look like this:
    Name:  tripp-chain-pants-handcuff.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  103.4 KB
    sorry i wasnt able to fit the picture in the screen shot but that was the exact picture in the post. honestly i think these look cool but i cant pull them off

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    someone added on to the tripp pants post. i think this one is abit cruel but

Name:  she believed.png
Views: 193
Size:  23.8 KB

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

...and this is why we Catholics have a Canon; so every story about Jesus isn't automatically accepted as Gospel...lol

As for the Annunaki, I am quite familiar with them. Intelligent aliens are to us what fairies were to those living centuries ago: things which might exist but which have no empirical evidence to support their existence. They stem from one of the oldest recorded mythologies: that of the Babylonians in the Cradle of Civilization (Mesopotamia). The Annunaki gods included such famous (and Biblical!) figures as Marduk and Ishtar and due to their location and role many are tempted to take the Stargate approach and believe that they were real beings who had influence over human progression and development.

I have often encountered the Annunaki (and the reptilian aliens, gray aliens, etc.) embraced by Unitarian Universalists. As they hold to the ideal of all existing faiths being equally valid, visitors from space seem a reasonable inclusion. Who knows? Maybe they do​ exist....

THE MER ON FIRE​!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    <--- Ex Catholic. I have a Nikon.

/\ Cute. Mega Churches with megapixels!

THE MER ON FIRE​!

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Someone on etsy looks like they're trying to make money off of gullible people... https://www.etsy.com/shop/metarelics...hopheader-name
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Aziara View Post
    Someone on etsy looks like they're trying to make money off of gullible people... https://www.etsy.com/shop/metarelics...hopheader-name

"Extreme Genius intelligence and IQ spell! No studing ever!"
    ^^seems like they should use that one themselves instead of selling it.

Those prices should be in GP (gold pieces) or Gil (Final Fantasy currency from installment VII onward and retcons), and they should clarify what Experience Level characters need to be.... /sarcasm

THE MER ON FIRE​!

I'm surprised that they actually sold some. And at those prices no less.