Thread: We've just installed a classifieds system for MerNetwork. Discuss it here!

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar

We've just installed a classifieds system for MerNetwork. Discuss it here!

We've just installed a system for classified ads. You can see it in the navigation bar. We're just trying it out for now and there's no guarantee we're going to keep it. Anyway, try it out and let use know what you think.

I was looking at posting adds, maybe for a category you could add like an "other: option. That way maybe someone is looking for fabric, or beads, or other supplies/items that arent tails, accessories, or monofins

Quote Originally Posted by Kishiko View Post
    I was looking at posting adds, maybe for a category you could add like an "other: option. That way maybe someone is looking for fabric, or beads, or other supplies/items that arent tails, accessories, or monofins
    Good idea. I just added categories for "Parts and Materials" and "Other". Keep the feedback coming!

Senior Member Pod of The South Marlin's Avatar
    Add Marlin on Facebook
    There is going to be a way to add a SOLD tag to these when the product is no longer available right? I know one of the sticking points with selling things on MN before, is you had to dig a little bit to see if it was still even available for purchase.

I do like that you can see the price up-front and that it includes sections to post multiple pictures of the object. Looks like a good feature so far.
    Even mermaids need tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    There is going to be a way to add a SOLD tag to these when the product is no longer available right?
    Yeah, people can choose to buy items, after which they're no longer listed as available. The person selling the item can choose to turn that off if they have multiples of an item and want to keep selling them even after someone has chosen to buy one.

Awesome!

Senior Member Pod of The South Marlin's Avatar
    Add Marlin on Facebook
    Sweet. Sounds great. I'm loving the new feature guys.
    Last edited by Marlin; 05-11-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    Even mermaids need tech support.

I could see the offers I posted. I keep getting a "fatal error" every time I click on it

PS this is a super cool idea! I really dig it haha
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
    There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
    ~ETSY: Trove by the Sea~Google +~FACEBOOK~
    mermaidmarissa.studios@gmail.com

"Imagine a life of wonder"

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    awesome I am going to test it out.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Can we add a "services" tab? There's people who will take commissions on all sorts of mermaid related things, or who make logos, or build websites etc

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Add Pascal21M on Facebook
    Will the classifeds thread here deleted?

Can we add a "services" tab? There's people who will take commissions on all sorts of mermaid related things, or who make logos, or build websites etc
    I'm not sure how to add something that specifically says services, but I think it should be possible to sell and trade services on the classifieds system.

Will the classifeds thread here deleted?
    They won't be deleted, at least for now. We're waiting to see how people react to this new feature, and how to make the classifies work as smoothly as possible.

From user function and feedback we've determined that the classifieds mod wasn't being used or well received. It has been removed.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr