Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Moo's Mermaids finally here

Moo's Mermaids finally here

Thanks for posting those Raina.

His work is absolutely out of this world. I've seen a video on YouTube of the lion fish tail in action - it looks surreal in the water.

Found it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdAsSJkTj6E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LouLouBelle; 04-10-2016 at 07:05 AM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Maybe this has been covered, but is he now working in silicone instead of latex?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Maybe this has been covered, but is he now working in silicone instead of latex?
    Yeah the tails were never latex . I think "latexman" came about because his earlier jobs were masks and prosthetics, and he still does some. I've chatted with him over the years but he struggles with his English

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

OK...how on earth is he stiffening those spines without tearing through the silicone? What is he using that's strong enough to hold the weight of the silicone, but still so realistically bendy?
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

These are just stunning, I could stare at his work for hours, wow

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Fish View Post
    OK...how on earth is he stiffening those spines without tearing through the silicone? What is he using that's strong enough to hold the weight of the silicone, but still so realistically bendy?
    Perhaps just a stiffer silicone? Dragonskin 20 or 30? That's what I would do anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

I'm thinking it would have to be a much harder silicone than 20 or 30. I've tested fins with 40 in the 'spines' and it was just marginally stiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    I'm thinking it would have to be a much harder silicone than 20 or 30. I've tested fins with 40 in the 'spines' and it was just marginally stiffer.
    Hmmm I know theres an agent you can hard to make the firmness even harder. Pehaps that? Putting in a bar or something doesn't seem like a good idea and they don't move like there's anything super stiff in them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Just gonna leave these here...

https://instagram.com/p/BGmHhESgsBg/

https://instagram.com/p/BGgWngTgsBx/

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Summerlilly's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Summerlilly On Twitter
    :O OhMyAbsoluteFreakingGod.
    beep boop get some soup

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by LouLouBelle View Post
    Just gonna leave these here...

https://instagram.com/p/BGmHhESgsBg/

https://instagram.com/p/BGgWngTgsBx/

Those are amazingly beautiful!!! I love the second one better though. Something about the eye placement on the first tail, looks like the fish is choking on a man.
    Formerly known as ireneho

WOW. I love the colors on the first tail--to DIE FOR. They're SO nice to look at, particularly when stopped but underwater. Beautiful. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Something about the eye placement on the first tail, looks like the fish is choking on a man.
    I didn't think at all when I looked at it... But now that's all I can see...

I'm amazed at his swimming ability - those tails can't be easy to manoeuvre in.

Gorgeous stuff! Unwiedly and impractical for anything but photoshoots, though. I'd rather not look like I was being consumed, or fighting to get back to the surface!

Anyone know what his prices are for commission? Probably way expensive, but I'm just curious.

His work his breathtaking.

Sent from my iPhone
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

I don't think he does commissions. The tails he makes are for a Thai Mini Series but other than that I am not sure if he sells his tails.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

His work is beyond stunning. Looking at Moos tails next to 'regular' tails is like looking at clothes on a high end fashion catwalk compared to high street clothes. If the mer world had a fashion industry, Moo would definitely be right at the top!

... Every time I watch that video of the dragon tail now I just see a fish monster trying to swallow a man... who's desperately trying to wriggle and swim out... That little tiny gap at the back makes it look like its mouth is opening and closing... I was completely awestruck by that tail too! Jaffa - why did you need to do that?!? (It's still an insanely awesome work of art - I just can't shake that image of being swallowed by a fish!)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by LouLouBelle View Post
    His work is beyond stunning. Looking at Moos tails next to 'regular' tails is like looking at clothes on a high end fashion catwalk compared to high street clothes. If the mer world had a fashion industry, Moo would definitely be right at the top!

... Every time I watch that video of the dragon tail now I just see a fish monster trying to swallow a man... who's desperately trying to wriggle and swim out... That little tiny gap at the back makes it look like its mouth is opening and closing... I was completely awestruck by that tail too! Jaffa - why did you need to do that?!? (It's still an insanely awesome work of art - I just can't shake that image of being swallowed by a fish!)

But its got eyes! EYES!!!

It was the first thing I noticed when he dove in. Not the elaborate fins and detailed artwork. Twas the eyes...

Well the first tail anyways. The second tail, has no eyes. Just angel wings and brocade.

The tails cost somewhere of $20k and upwards. Not sure if its per show or to outside clients.
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 06-14-2016 at 12:59 AM.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Has he been accepting commissions? Does he have a website to order from or get in contact with?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    New video of the naga tail! Those colors are outstanding along with, ya know, everything else.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHk5kxKhUMT/
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin