Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Adult size Mahina MerFins are out!! Urban Outfitters website!

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Does anyone know whether the mahina is recommended for ocean swimming? I heard it was recommended over the finis rapid and hydra in terms of propulsion, but I wanted to verify. Thanks mers!
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

I just got mine from Amazon, and while I LOVE the look of it, I'm in a bit of a fix. I tried an orange Mahina on a few weeks ago and LOVED it. I have super high insteps, and the fin absolutely fit like a DREAM. But the one I just got from Amazon (with Mahina tags n' everything, and still a size L to accomodate my wide feet n' high insteps like the one I tried on before) is actually HELLA tight. (To the point wher my insteps are still sore from my one use days ago.) So, what do you guys recommend I do? Is there a way to maybe heat up the rubber a bit and gently encourage a little instep stretch? Or should I exchange it and see if another one will fit better? My hope is that the one I tried on weeks ago was an older one and so had been well-loved & stretched out over time, but right now it's pretty painful to use the one I've bought, which kinda breaks my heart. So any help/advice would be grand. Cheers! ♥

I do know that currently Zulilly has both child and adult mahina mermaid fins! They sell out pretty quick, thought about buying some two weeks ago but they were all gone! Luckily they have restocked this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ylluria View Post
    I just got mine from Amazon, and while I LOVE the look of it, I'm in a bit of a fix. I tried an orange Mahina on a few weeks ago and LOVED it. I have super high insteps, and the fin absolutely fit like a DREAM. But the one I just got from Amazon (with Mahina tags n' everything, and still a size L to accomodate my wide feet n' high insteps like the one I tried on before) is actually HELLA tight. (To the point wher my insteps are still sore from my one use days ago.) So, what do you guys recommend I do? Is there a way to maybe heat up the rubber a bit and gently encourage a little instep stretch? Or should I exchange it and see if another one will fit better? My hope is that the one I tried on weeks ago was an older one and so had been well-loved & stretched out over time, but right now it's pretty painful to use the one I've bought, which kinda breaks my heart. So any help/advice would be grand. Cheers! ♥
    That well-loved one was "stretched" from wear. My personal experience is that they are a tight fit at first. As in, very tight. And they stretch over time. So I wore "socks" for a time and now I don't wear anything at all, but will admit wearing socks always keeps the "rubs" away.
    I did not in anyway alter my Mahina. I just wore it a lot and always with socks. If I swim for a longer swim, I will still put socks on for comfort's sake. But it does fit smoothly without socks after a year+ of lots of swims.

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I know I'm late to the party but they've restocked them on Amazon: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...f_rd_i=desktop

Quick update. Walmart had four adult smalls in turquoise. I just bought one, there are three left. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mahina-Mer...867057&veh=sem
    "Come all ye pretty, fair maids, whomever you may be,Who love a jolly sailor bold that plows the raging sea. My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold. There is nothing can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
    - PotC4