Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Adult size Mahina MerFins are out!! Urban Outfitters website!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    I just used both the knife and scissors to round off the edges
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Sweet! Thank you for the info! I just checked the tracking number for mine and it says it's in Hodgkins, IL as of 8:04am this morning. Can't wait for it to get here so we can work on it.

Yeah, those are pretty awesome. I think I want one now, but there is no time for a new fin like that. I already started two new tail designs. No time no money
    come find Mermaid-Odette on facebook!
    my website is here
    instagram

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KahWlYkRbiGo8" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY

Aziara, I wear a US 9 in sandals, and my feet are a bit wide and I most often need a 10 in sneakers & boots (sometimes 9.5 but usually 10). But my foot length is 9.5 inches, which was described as the Kids Large on Mahina's site. I ordered the Adult Medium MerFin based on the shoe range listed, but had to return it to exchange for the Adult Small, which seems to be the same size as the Kids Large. It's a much better fit, the Medium would have fallen off. Hope this info could help.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I love the third one, but think I would be petrified to cut it.

Just make sure to draw the design on your tail and be completely happy with it before you cut

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiad Rose View Post
    Aziara, I wear a US 9 in sandals, and my feet are a bit wide and I most often need a 10 in sneakers & boots (sometimes 9.5 but usually 10). But my foot length is 9.5 inches, which was described as the Kids Large on Mahina's site. I ordered the Adult Medium MerFin based on the shoe range listed, but had to return it to exchange for the Adult Small, which seems to be the same size as the Kids Large. It's a much better fit, the Medium would have fallen off. Hope this info could help.
    Thanks, this was helpful!
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

That's odd because I'm a size 8 and the adult medium fits wonderfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifi Tigg View Post
    You can cut them if you don't like the shape
    Is that your tail Fifi? Its beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidgirl7 View Post
    Is that your tail Fifi? Its beautiful
    Yes I revamped an old MermaidsRUs tail with a new styled Mahina monofin, but I haven't actually swam in these yet because I let other people experience the joy of being a mermaid xx

Yay! Mine is finally here! I can't wait to start working on this!

Name:  2014-07-07 14.52.41.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  29.3 KBName:  2014-07-07 14.54.05.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  31.5 KBName:  2014-07-07 14.56.59.jpg
Views: 1373
Size:  28.2 KB

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Grey Gambit's Avatar
    Add Grey Gambit on Facebook
    Follow Grey Gambit on Tumblr
    I'm kind of interested to hear more about what people think of this fin. It's one of the ones I've been eying.

The Adult size Small worked for me. So far at least, in a pool.

But I had to cut open the toe ends more so my toes could poke out some, and I trimmed a little off the top front of the footpockets. The footpockets are tight, but the heel straps still feel insecure. But it was tough to get on, and it didn't fall off in the pool. With the awkward insecure feeling of the heel straps, I'm wondering if ocean waves would be able to steal it from me or not.
    I was using 3mm fin socks.
    I tried once to put my feet in it without fin socks, but it would have come off that way.

It is a _lot_ softer in the water than any of my Finis monofins. It moved very differently from them, felt a lot more flowy. It didn't feel as strong in the water with how much it flows, but it wasn't a problem, just different.

I trimmed the edges a bit. I didn't want to loose too much of the surface area, so I didn't trim it in to a totally new shape, just cut off the stuck-out ends a bit and narrowed down the flower-petal edges.

So far so good.

Oh yeah, and the ankles are forced a lot closer together than on any of the Finis monofins. It felt a bit awkward. Not too bad, but awkward. And I think that makes it a little tougher to get into as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifi Tigg View Post
    Yes I revamped an old MermaidsRUs tail with a new styled Mahina monofin, but I haven't actually swam in these yet because I let other people experience the joy of being a mermaid xx
    I love how the fin isn't covered by the material of the fabric. I hate when the fabric (Latex, silicone etc) Covers the fin. I don't know why but it does. I would make a tail like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidgirl7 View Post
    I love how the fin isn't covered by the material of the fabric. I hate when the fabric (Latex, silicone etc) Covers the fin. I don't know why but it does. I would make a tail like yours.
    Thank you mermaidgirl7

Junior Member Pod of Cali

Cool Mahina Merfin // Oceanika Merfin

Hey guys, I just received the adult Mahina Merfin (Sunset Orange, size S USA 5 - 7) & thought it would be helpful to post images comparing it to my kids Oceanika Merfin (Aqua Marine, size L USA 4 - 6).

The adult Merfin's foot pockets are a bit larger than the kids foot pockets on the Oceanika.
    Name:  Merfin 1.png
Views: 1989
Size:  573.1 KB

Name:  Mahina 2.png
Views: 1752
Size:  901.3 KB

Name:  Mahina 3.png
Views: 2186
Size:  932.4 KB

On the Mahina Merfin, Mahina's kiss is located on the underside of the fin's right tip, compared to on the underside of the foot pockets on the Oceanika.
    Name:  Mahina 4.png
Views: 1295
Size:  621.9 KB

I'd recommend foot size USA 6 1/2 to fit the Mahina Merfin comfortably. The adult Merfin's foot pockets didn't get much wider than the kids fin, but are instead longer. The Mahina Merfin is also heavier, as to be expected, than the Oceanika fin.

I'm so excited to get into the water w/ my fin! Hope this was a bit helpful .

Kiule

I ordered one as well. I was considering it for a new tail for when I am in Una's Fanta-Sea cove and my purple tail is a littttttle big. Iona had one for her tail and I was in love with how floppy it was. I am now trying to work out a design for it as I wait for it to come in the mail, which the tracking number says should be tomorrow or Thursday. Idealy, I would love a new tail with this fin before I do the Oregon Ren Fair (which I -might- do depending on a few factors.)
    Last edited by Little_Orca; 07-30-2014 at 04:17 AM.

~*~ To Thine Own Mermaid Be True ~*~
    ~~~ Follow me on Facebook: Merlissa the Mermaid~~~
    Deviant Art Etsy Store YouTube Mermaid Blog Instagram

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    I may consider this fin for a future project!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Saoirse's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Saoirse on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Saoirse on Tumblr
    Hoping on ordering this fin soon for a Neoprene tail project I have planned! It's twice as big as the fins I have rigged together to act as a monofin though; which means I'll need to train quite a bit to get used to the size. I'm halfway to having the money for it, which is really exciting
    Saoirse (Seer-sha) means "freedom" in Gaelic, which is what I feel below the surface. I'm a freshwater mermaid.
    Empress of the Strid Empire Pod