Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: chicago ??

chicago ??

do we have anyone close to the Chicago area ????

There are a few mers living in the Chicagoland area! I believe there are two of us who live out in the Northwest suburb area, though our towns aren't that close.

ok!!!!! thanks so much im also looking for places to swim indoors if you know anyplace that lets us swim in our tails

Sadly, no. I don't do much swimming in the winter, but some of the other Chicago mers might know of a place.

Right now, I'm sewing a new tail and waiting for the lake water to warm!

During parts of the summer/next year I'll also be in the northwest suburbs, although I live on a small lake/pond so haven't tried to find anywhere indoors.
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)

We should do a Chicago meet-up this year. There is a really nice beach next to Navy Pier and we could take a morning/evening ride on the Windy.

that sounds amazing I don't have my tail yet and I will need to practice in a safe indoor location before I venture out into the open water but please I would loveeeee to do that

That is great. July would probably be the best time, since the water is going to stay pretty cold for quite a while.

Just a quick update: I haven't been to the lake yet this year. My only swim was in my parents' backyard pool (well heated). Just wondering if anyone else has taken a dip in the lake? I imagine that it is still pretty cold!

CHICAGO/ILINOIS MERS: If anyone wants to have an impromptu meet up/swim tomorrow I'll be heading to Peru tonight and my dad will be golfing most of the day tomorrow with a buddy, so let me know if you want to (:

hello all new here had to say hi and I am from arlington hights area. I hope to hear from anyone designed my own mermaid suit hope to find a place to give it a try.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Hi Merstorm!

Welcome to the network. You should introduce yourself here: http://mernetwork.com/index/forumdis...oduce-Yourself

I did mis that now I have hehehe thank you

Hey there is a event here in schaumburg il anyone going this weekend?

Hey everyone! My best friend and I are from Northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago. I would love to do a meetup sometime this summer!

Sound off Chicago mers!!! Who's up for a possible meetup on Sunday, maybe ​Monday???

I am up for it let me know

Wow I didn't know there were a few more mere in the Chicago area! This is wonderful! If anyone lives in/near the city I recommend the few indoor pools for swimming - they have been great so far (minus the chlorine, nothing beats fresh water) !
    “Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kelly View Post
    Wow I didn't know there were a few more mere in the Chicago area! This is wonderful! If anyone lives in/near the city I recommend the few indoor pools for swimming - they have been great so far (minus the chlorine, nothing beats fresh water) !
    You should join us for a meetup in the summertime!

I would love to! I can't wait until it gets warm!
    “Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”
    - Rainer Maria Rilke