Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: chicago ??

Love to know a pool to go to I am in arlington heights love to meet another mermaid to

There are a ton of free pools in Chicago that are owned by the park district , most have open swim for a few hours a few times a week! Maybe we should have an indoor meet up someday soon.
    “Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

Anyone around the area this weekend

Wow! I didn't know that Mermaid Kelly. Do you have to be a resident to use them?

I have not been swimming much at all this year. I think once, maybe? lol. Has anyone been to the beach yet? I've still not finished my tail. :/

You do have to live in Chicago but I have never seen anyone actually check that validation! Hamlin park and California park (outdoors) are free and Independence Park (indoors) is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    Wow! I didn't know that Mermaid Kelly. Do you have to be a resident to use them?

I have not been swimming much at all this year. I think once, maybe? lol. Has anyone been to the beach yet? I've still not finished my tail. :/
    “Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

I have not been to the beach yet either. I would love to plan a mini beach meet up!

We should! I need to get to work on my tail. I hit a rough patch in writing today (working through a 3rd draft of a novel during July for Camp NanoWrimo) and I just have not been able to do much of anything today. Got some laundry done, but that's about it. Maybe I'll haul out my sewing machine and finish up the bottom of the skin quick. As it is looking now, I have most Friday - Sundays off of work, but I'm not sure if the beach has been super crowded of late.

I need help with my tail does not have a monofin in it and I think it needs it but I would love to go out to the water

Quote Originally Posted by merstorm View Post
    I need help with my tail does not have a monofin in it and I think it needs it but I would love to go out to the water
    If you're going in the water, you definitely need a monofin!

I would love a Chicago meetup!

My mermaid suit is in my Picts can someone help

Beaches are about normal- let's plan a Chicago meetup!

Would the last weekend in July work for anyone? 24, 25, or 26?

Got the bottom hem done. I will be able to sew it to my fluke tomorrow.

I am up for that

How about the 26th?

Sunday, July 26th it is! If the weather is nice, should we hang out at the beach? And if so, which one? I've only ever been to the one next to Navy Pier. Please let me know if there is another one that you would like to go to.

How about montros beach?

That would be good. Do you know if there is parking there? I will (hopefully) be driving in with my sister. I hate taking taxis from the train station.

Montrose beach is where I go usually. How about around 11am?

Yes there is a ton of parking!!!