Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: chicago ??

haven't been there in a long time glad Kelly knows

Yay! Alright, I will definitely put this on my calendar and talk to my sister about it today. We should be hanging out at some point. 11 A.M. is a perfect time, too. Now, keep your fins crossed that the weather is gorgeous that weekend!!

*cheers*

So 11am on Sunday the 26th at Montrose Beach! We should probably find a spot there to meet. Also just out of curiosity - what kind of tails do you all have? Mine is just a fabric tail with a Mahina.

I'm excited!!!
    “Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

I have a silicone tail from Sirenalia and Molly has a silicone from Mernation!

I will have a fabric tail as well. I just have to make it.... o.O The one I have been working on is taking so long and there is still a ton of work to do on it. So, I will stop at Joanne Fabrics either before or after my writing meet-up today and buy some more fabric. I have enough white to do a front panel and I think one side of a fluke, so I was thinking of getting some black to do the back. I have wanted both a koi and an orca tail, so why not do one of them now?

Also, my sister and I went to the Lake Bluff beach yesterday. The water was super chilly! I didn't want to go in all the way, but it was only 76 out and I didn't have a tail w/ me. And, of course, I wake up today to find that it is sunny and roasting out, but I have a meeting and my sister is headed back up to Wis. :/ It would just figure!!

Yes it is warm today! I am headed to the California outdoor pool
    “Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

I'm glad it's so warm, but can all these random storms just stop already? One week left to go!! I am getting closer to finishing my tail, too. I just added the zippers to the sides and I'll have the underbelly to attach today. So excite!

Unfortunately, something came up and Molly and I won't be able to go to the meetup on Sunday. I'm so bummed! I was really looking forward to meeting you all!

Can't wait for Sunday! Where is a good meeting place? Maybe towards the north end at Wilson?

Oh! Sorry to hear that Maethor!

Kelly - the northern end is fine! I'll have a black and white fabric tail. I talked to my sister and she is going to try and make it and maybe bring her boyfriend? Not really sure if that is happening. But I will be there!

I also made a post in the Midwest pod, too. Hopefully some more mers can join us.
    http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...531#post205531
    Last edited by Cordelia; 07-22-2015 at 11:41 PM.

Ok - I will have a green fabric tail See you then!!!
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

It looks like the thunderstorms have been pushed back to tomorrow. My sister and I are still going to go. I've got a book and she'll be combing the beach for beach glass. We won't make it by 11 o'clock, but we should be there before noon.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!)
    I will try to be by the beach by 1:00ish. (Definitely want to swim today)

Nice! We're still on the road, but I see tall buildings. :-)

We're here. We're by the north lifeguard in the orange shirt near the dog beach. Weve got a plaid blanket.

Hey sorry didn't get to go today was still working on a project till a few mins ago waaa lol

We stayed until 4. I didn't see anyone else, but we had a good swim.

very cool nice day to to go for a swim glad you guys had fun