Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: chicago ??

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!)
    Never ask the aquatic directors! Take your tail to the pool and ask the life guards. Don't even ask. Just let them know you'll be swimming in it.

I use the Cook County Y in Oak Park

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Beaches are the best bet. I have swam in a number of Chicago public pools and they have all been ok. I also have swam in hotels too. Chicago proper dweller here.

Hey everyone! I'm in the Wheaton area; has anyone heard of it!? Wheaton College allows mono fins and seemed receptive to tail swimming when I mentioned wanting to work up to it. I'm hoping to make some local mer-friends! Friend me and feel free to message me!

hey nice to see ya here hit me up anytime nice to know other mermaids around here

Hi all! I'm located in chicago's suburbs, CrystalLake.
    I've been swimming at my local YMCA the last few weeks, and they seem alright with it (the women lifeguards will come say hello and be curious, its been really fun haha). Making plans to head up to MI for the Megafest in May; hope to meet a lot of you. :>

It's finally warm outside! I'd love to meet up with Chicago-area mermaids sometime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    Oh! Sorry to hear that Maethor!

Kelly - the northern end is fine! I'll have a black and white fabric tail. I talked to my sister and she is going to try and make it and maybe bring her boyfriend? Not really sure if that is happening. But I will be there!

I also made a post in the Midwest pod, too. Hopefully some more mers can join us.
    http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...531#post205531
    I'm in Missouri, but I'd love to take a trip up to Chicago for a meet up! Sounds fun!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mermaid Mikayla

If anyone would be interested in joining an IL mer-pod, Ive made a group to meet folks on FB!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/ILMerPod/

Woo, I just joined. Looking for local meetups around chicago. I'm in the Southwest suburbs!

Yoooo more Chicagoans! We don't do too many meetups, but I would love to set some up!

Sent from my SM-G930T using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina the Selkie View Post
    Yoooo more Chicagoans! We don't do too many meetups, but I would love to set some up!

Please don’t be afraid to let me know! I have one other friend who got me into this mer mess and it’s so interesting!

Yeeeet

A few mers in the area are looking at organizing something at Three Oaks recreational center on august 5th. For anyone not part of that facebook group.

I'd lo e to but my tail is latex and needs fixing anyone know someone who works with latex?

I don't, but it'd be fun to still have you visit.

Where is three oaks

It's in algonquin in the northwest suburbs. There's also going to be a swim at the Wheaton College pool next weekend planned as well.

Ah ok I'm In palatine

I would be so down for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina the Selkie View Post
    I would be so down for this!

Hit me up in PM I can share the fb event with you