This August it will have been 2 years since the first successful mermaid meet in Adelaide... So after some suggestions & requests, It was decided to hold a Mermaid Winter Games to celebrate!

As always, Everyone is Invited. (even interstate or overseas mermaids!)

This is being held at the new SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre in Marion.
23 August at 11:30am–3:30pm

We have booked 4 short lanes in the competition area (nearest the Dive Pool.)

The events are:

25m race (1 lap)
50m Race (2laps)
Treasure Dive
Underwater Dance
Underwater Obstacle course

There are Prizes for 1, 2 & 3 in each event. Plus a silver Mermaid Charm gift just for participating!

If you are coming, please say so and pre-register for events via the Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/312418725549558/

Why the Venue change?

Adelaide Aquatic Centre is currently going through renovations, which include making their Dive pool shallower and they have banned the use of Underwater cameras. (with a decent reason to do so.)

SALC has cleaner pools, clearer less chlorinated water, deeper pools in the competition area, more healthier choices in their canteen and up to date facilities. Also their showers always run warmer than Adelaide's. (a plus on cold-weather days.)

To get to the SALC in Marion, You can take the train or Bus from Adelaide. The bus to Marion stops at Marion Shopping Centre... almost on the same block as the SALC (Marion Shopping Centre => Marion Library => SALC). The train stop at Oaklands is only 2-minute walk away and SALC is visible from the train station.

If you can't/won't access Facebook, Then my email is miel_celevon@hotmail.com
Pop Mermaid somewhere in the title line So I don't delete it.

I really hope to see everyone coming!