Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weeki Wachee Auditions?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I'll be honest and not to make anyone feel bad I think being a mermaid would work against you. When I visited in 2012 they said they had issues with people acting inappropriate in their own mermaid tails at the park so they had to ban them. And I could see from their end it being a conflict of interested. They shut down their camps for younger mermaids because a pro mermaid took all the material and tried to create competition for their classes. I can very easily see them going for someone with no experience because less of a chance of 1. People exploiting them and 2. Viewers thinking you represent weeki off site or your company on site

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

@AniaR- I think that's the reason why I didn't get in. One of my friends who is friends with the head mermaid tipped them off(meaning well, of course) that I had worked with another company as a professional mermaid- and my skills definitely reflected that. It's not that I didn't do well in the auditions, it's probably that I'm already an established mermaid with a history of performing. They probably wanted fresh material. Either that, or they noticed my little amount of belly fat. I dunno.

Hi ladies, interesting discussion! I tried out too and thought I 'd nailed the water portion, but didn't get an interview either, though they told me I would as I left the water that day. So I guess that is what was against me too: The belly fat, and being from Gainesville (though I would have relocated, had they asked). I would think my age/maturity/education would have helped me in terms of showing I could behave properly in my off hours, but I guess too old is too old. Sorry you ladies didn't make it either

Senior Member Pod of The South Rivertee's Avatar
    Follow Rivertee On Twitter Add Rivertee on Facebook
    Follow Rivertee on Tumblr
    My sympathies to the mers who didn't make it but out of curiosity how many of you mers are stationed in FL?
    ~Nothing's Impossible just hard to achieve, so stay true to yourself and always Believe~

Formerly known as Kaguria the Kitsune Mermaid

I am from the Orlando area, about 1 1/2 hours away from Weeki Wachee.

Senior Member Pod of The South Rivertee's Avatar
    Follow Rivertee On Twitter Add Rivertee on Facebook
    Follow Rivertee on Tumblr
    Hmmm I heard that they don't usually hire people who live out of state so that shouldn't have been an issue.
    ~Nothing's Impossible just hard to achieve, so stay true to yourself and always Believe~

Formerly known as Kaguria the Kitsune Mermaid

I think they didn't like that I wasn't too willing to relocate because they asked me if I would consider it and I told them I just moved, but possibly in the later future I would consider it.

I'm from Orlando too. Around the Kissimmee Area.

Now that Weeki Wachee is run by the state, it's a lot harder on them to do things. They can't even practice without four rescue divers in the water with them! So some of this frustration may be state requirements and not nessecarily Weeki Wachee issues.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!