Thread: Been gone for a bit

Been gone for a bit

Hi guys,

I've been pretty out of touch with the merworld for a while - but I did finish my masters! Anyway I'm planning on moving back to HI in November, although I'll still be traveling back and forth to NY for stuff. I'm trying to get myself to a point where I can participate in the community a bit more. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up/whatever around then.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Finished your masters? Congratulations! You're a real lucky fish, you. I'm still struggling to complete my own thesis. BTW, what does HI stand for?
    ~~ Awaken your Inner Mermaid ~~

Visit my art thread: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-s-Merfolk-Art

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    congrats you kick ass!

Thanks you two! Haha HI is Hawaii, I made the post in the Hawaii thread.

Raina, it looks like you have gone through so many changes while I've been gone! o.0 Nice logo and congrats on the book!

Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    Thanks you two! Haha HI is Hawaii, I made the post in the Hawaii thread.
    I kinda suspected it could be Hawaii. (I'm using Tapatalk, so the "Pod of Hawaii" text was in an itsy-bitsy grey font that I didn't notice a first.) All I saw was that somebody had finished something and in my head I automatically filled in "master's thesis". What was yours about, if I may ask? Mine's about the relationship between lake phytoplankton and environmental conditions such as phosphorus and the thermal conditions of the water.

I love your thesis topic Lucinda! I was involved with some water quality research projects a few years ago and loved the subject. Mine was comparing and analyzing different approaches to water management and policy design. I specifically looked at Singapore’s ascension from being a third world country to becoming one of the world’s leading water innovation and business centers, and also looked into the relationships between geography, infrastructure, and culture. The conclusion I came to in the paper was that other countries that wish to duplicate Singapore’s success should be investing in local research and technologies instead of buying Singaporean technology that they might not have the resources to support.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    that sounds so cool! way to go

That sounds like a cool project. I still feel that the results from mine are a bit inconclusive. Somehow mine ended up being mostly number crunching and statistics and fiddling with spreadsheets... but as long as I get my degree, I'll be happy.

I... like numbers. :3
    I sort of just copy/pasted from my abstract, wasn't sure if that was too much info or not lol.
    Yes! The degree is what matters in the end, hah.