Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone around the RI/MA/CT area?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England

Anyone around the RI/MA/CT area?

Hello! I haven't seen a ton of Mer activity in New England, so I was wondering if there was anyone around the area currently!

I myself am near Providence RI, and I travel rather frequently, all the way over to New Hampshire (where I just did a Ren Faire!).

I'm hoping to maybe get some mers together while the summer is still new and warm!
    ~*new to the sea, still earning my gills*~
    ~*a fae who wants to get her wings wet*~

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    There are several of us around the area, I think we have just been quiet lately. I'm in MA, and I know there are a couple of others here, plus another in RI, some in NY (both upstate and NYC). I belong to a health club that has a couple of nice pools, one indoors and one outdoors, and they are quite mer-friendly. Rose Lanai, down in the NYC area, has been putting together several mer-meetups on Coney Island for this summer, and I am hoping to get people to come to Cape Cod for a weekend sometime in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Hello! I haven't seen a ton of Mer activity in New England, so I was wondering if there was anyone around the area currently!

I myself am near Providence RI, and I travel rather frequently, all the way over to New Hampshire (where I just did a Ren Faire!).

I'm hoping to maybe get some mers together while the summer is still new and warm!
    Looking at your avatar, you look wicked familiar to me. Were you one of the faeries from NHRF on both weekends?

I'm in Connecticut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lanai here, we have a few Meetups starting June 29th, July 12th and 20th. Coney island beach 1pm to 4pm

Member Pod of New England Josephine Boone's Avatar
    East Arlington, Massachusetts, United States
    I'm in Boston...would love to meet up with other mers!

Anyone around the RI/MA/CT area?

South shore Mer !!

Quote Originally Posted by waterspirit View Post
    South shore Mer !!
    Hi water spirit!
    South shore of what state?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Meredith

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Meredith View Post
    Hi water spirit!
    South shore of what state?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Massachusetts

Follow my mermaid tumblr
    Water--spirit.tumblr.com

I'm near Boston too. Too cold to swim now though.

Pod of New England
    @Echinacea I could probably make it to an August Cape Cod meetup! Keep me posted! :o

@SINicallyTwisted Yes! I was the 'Autumn' fairie from Fairies of the Solstice with the horns and faun-face! I got put in your swinging cage, haha!

@New York Mermaid I might be able to make the 20th, but I am not sure. I just started a new job and Sundays are my only days off at the moment. Hopefully I can join in soon though!

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    @SINicallyTwisted Yes! I was the 'Autumn' fairie from Fairies of the Solstice with the horns and faun-face! I got put in your swinging cage, haha!
    EEEEE!!! HELLO my adorable fairie friend from NHRF! It's so good to see you here! I hope to see you and the others again! I got quite a kick out of you guys!

LOL Yes, they put me in the cage too. I was a naughty little mer and stole someone's crown. First time at a ren and what's the first thing I do? Steal a crown! But does it still count as stealing when I'm looking directly at the person when I swiped it off his head and then that person gets caught up in conversation and walks away leaving it with me? hehehe

I'm in northern ct!

I live in Johnston RI. So I'm like 10 minutes away. :P

I visit my folks a lot near Hartford CT, so I'm up there often!

Pod of New England
    So this is sounding like there should definitely be more meetups in RI, haha.

@SINicallyTwisted hahaha, that sounds hilarious. XD I want a crown. :I And it would be great to see you again! I would love some pointers on how you constantly look fabulous haha.

Hi Everyone-

I'm in Rockland, MA- south of Boston. New to the world of mermaid-ing. I don't yet have my own tail, but hope to get one soon! Anyone in the South Shore area?

Hey, I'm just outside of Providence myself, and quite simply amazed to know that there ARE other mers around here, lol.
    I'm hoping to have my tail by mid-August and would love to attend the Cape Cod meetup! I go every year and while I've
    made the trip once already, I certainly wouldn't mind going again. ^^

Etsy || Facebook || ModelMayhem || Tumblr || Instagram

Formerly known as Sea-Glass-Siren

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    I am planning a Mer-gathering for the weekend of August 16/17 on Cape Cod, at Hen Cove in Pocasset (one of the little villages of Bourne). I have some sleeping space available, and some room to pitch tents. Or just come for one day or the other! High tide is at 1:30 PM on Saturday, 8/16, and at 2:30 PM on Sunday, 8/17. In case of lousy beach weather, there is a small, free aquarium in Woods Hole we could go visit. I will have some stuff on hand for breakfast both days, and sandwich makings for lunches. Feel free to bring goodies to share. This is also about the time of year that the cove has lots of little harmless (no stingers) jellyfish in the water, that will glow a lovely pale blue color when you bump them, so there may well be a nighttime swim with the jellyfish on Saturday night.