Thread: Just need some friendly advice about waterproof foundation :)

Just need some friendly advice about waterproof foundation :)

soo I know nothing about makeup and I just wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on some waterproof foundation ?

You might try checking out Iona's official thread on makeup http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-%26%239830%3B

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Meilyn's Avatar
    Follow Meilyn On Twitter Add Meilyn on Facebook
    Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    I've tested out and absolutely LOVE Make Up Forever's "Mist and Fix".

It makes EVERYTHING waterproof and chlorine proof as well. Even during hard swims I absolutely love the line
    Make Up Forever

And I think I read somewhere that that's what Raina uses too. Not too sure though

Raina uses Aqua Seal by MUFE, there's even a video of her using it in the thread that Ed (exdraghunt) linked I use it as well, (it's in my video on that thread as well) and there's lots of other info on that product in the said linked thread. I haven't heard of the "Mist and Fix", I'll have to check it out.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Meilyn's Avatar
    Follow Meilyn On Twitter Add Meilyn on Facebook
    Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Raina uses Aqua Seal by MUFE, there's even a video of her using it in the thread that Ed (exdraghunt) linked I use it as well, (it's in my video on that thread as well) and there's lots of other info on that product in the said linked thread. I haven't heard of the "Mist and Fix", I'll have to check it out.
    I talked to the make up lady at Sephora and she told me it's for "setting" make up, not entirely water proofing it. I bought both, aqua seal and mist and Fix.
    It may be newer to the line... From testing it out in extremely high chlorine pools that later shut down because it was too high lol, mist and Fix stood up quite well. And I don't use primer, only mineral/powder foundation and blush even my eye liner looked pretty after an hour back and fourth ^_^

I say it's secretly water proof lol. And it works with EVERYTHING I've tested from different brands as well.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    I've grown up doing make-up for shows and such and I, personally, find it's best not to use any foundation. Mermaiding and good care keeps the skin pretty clear. Just use some shimmer gloss(for lips) across your cheekbones or even your whole face. It's a cool effect in the water cause it gives a magical glittery waterproofness effect. I even use coloured gloss on my eyelids instead of eye-shadow. Don't do it for everyday make-up though.
    I guess if there's a scar you don't want kids to see or a pock-mark or really bad zit you could find some waterproof coverup to blend with your skin-tone, but otherwise... It's youth-ful to go without and allows the natural glow of human skin show.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I dont actually use foundation ever. I find it a waste of time no matter what you do it always comes off. So I just go for the dramatic with the other make up and it all works fine

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Melanie's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Melanie on Facebook
    For big events I use airbrush foundation - my mum took a course in New York at Temptu and has taught me how to do it since - it's great it's silicone based and stays on great in the water - brides get it done so their make up will last all day and not fade I'd highly recommend it ! You can do your whole face with airbrush make up and stencils !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Narina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Narina's Youtube Channel
    I used foundation because my acne scars flare up from chlorine
    its funny, I actually just posted a video about this!
    Anyway, I use Maybeline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish in shade 04 I find it stays on, even after hours of swimming in highly chlorinate water! I think it cost about $20
    User previously known as "Natasha".

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Narina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Narina's Youtube Channel
    User previously known as "Natasha".

Thankyou for your help and insight everyone
    I don't wear foundation very much due to my terrible early stage acne scarring which has weared away at my skin
    I only wanted something just to cover up my bad acne I never wear foundation in the water usually
    Mermaid Narina I watched your video today was very helpful
    I will take on some of your suggestions and let you all know

I've found that using a setting spray under and over foundation helps a lot. I'm currently using MAC's Fix + which works wonders