Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jem's Come On In Tail

Jem's Come On In Tail

So I recently just found out that Samantha Newark is going to be at Rhode Island Comic Con!
    http://www.ricomiccon.com/#!guests/c21gg

*super mega geek out scream*

*ahem*

Anyways I totally remembered that Jem had a tail so yeaaaah I must make this tail for that show!

I already have most of the material for it except I'm trying to figure out the fluke part but other than that I'm just about good to go. The show isn't until Nov so I'm pretty confident to get this finished in time.

I'm also considering doing my mermaid version as well since the show is 2 days....

...which would actually be the first costume to kick off my mermaid art to costumes idea that a bunch of us have been discussing and decided to give it the green light, hence why newer artwork hasn't really been posted lately (asides from also working with NEBP keeping me uber busy) but I'm super excited and more on that at another time.

I found my old Jem Star Earrings that I made back in 2006 for my Halloween Jem costume. I think I might give them a slight makeover.

Also there's the purple fabric for the tail as well.

I am super excited to see this when you're finished! I love Jem and the Holograms!

Quote Originally Posted by jukumerboii View Post
    I am super excited to see this when you're finished! I love Jem and the Holograms!
    Thanks! I'm excited too!

Hubby and I were just discussing the construction of the fluke last night and I think we've come up with a pretty decent design but we'll need to pick up a few more bits of material.

Heh, you're like the 10th person that posted that to me. Unfortunately they are all out of my size but at that price Synergy herself best be making a hologram to make my ass look truly, TRULY outrageous.....so yeah of course I put myself on their notification list for when it's restocked.

Heh kinda like me & the pug stuff too! Glad you saw it though!

While working on the 4th of July tail, the mailman delivered the pink wig that I had ordered! YAY! I'll need to work on it later though.

Don't mind the overly tired pic but yeah you know why. No makeup, exhausted, sore, roasting in the heat.....ohyeah...ssssexy.

Aw kool have fun
    Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/MermaidKumori

Please enjoy and like my page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kumori5Kitsune

My channel check out my mermaid videos, shows and other things.

http://taylormforeman.wix.com/kumori-mermaid

My Tail ordering site. You want A tail check me out!.

This is going to look awesome! As for the picture, you just look like Gem's teenage cousin who is not. interested. in. anything. At. all. XD

OH WOW, I used to have this song on a little white cassette tape (along with two other songs) and I would listen to it all the time as a kid! But I totally forgot Jem was a mermaid in the music video! SO cool! I can't wait to see your finished costume!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    This is going to look awesome! As for the picture, you just look like Gem's teenage cousin who is not. interested. in. anything. At. all. XD
    LOVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarianne View Post
    OH WOW, I used to have this song on a little white cassette tape (along with two other songs) and I would listen to it all the time as a kid! But I totally forgot Jem was a mermaid in the music video! SO cool! I can't wait to see your finished costume!
    I still have some of the cassettes that came with the dolls as well as all my dolls, coloring books, find your fate books, toys, games, playsets, accessories and so on. I've also been collecting the new Integrity Toys dolls which are AMAZING!!! <3

When I was a kid I used to play the cassettes in my Teddy Ruxbin! Let me tell ya, Jem songs playing in that sucker when the batteries were running low was freeeeeaky as all hell!

Ah, Jem, provoking massive outrage with messages such as her song "Love Unites Us"; how avant-garde she was, and how I respect her for that!

"Come On In (the Water's Fine)" is one of my faves just because of the mermaid sequence, and let me say that your fabric looks stunning for it!

I'll also add that, given your profile you might share my amusement at thinking of Priss and the Replicants (the band lead by the thrash-rock heroine from the dystopian Terminator meets Blade Runner meets Streets of Fire meets all-girl sentai anime Bubblegum Crisis) whenever I think of Jem and the Holograms....
    Because you can be a mermaid and have an immortal soul!

COMING SOMETIME (THERE'S NO HURRY):
    MY TAIL; Merbella Studios and Tia Michelle Pesando's Collaboration,
    THE FIRE ANGEL SEA DRAGON a.k.a.
    THE MER ON FIRE​!

I love Jem! I can't wait to see this tail!

Today I cut and reshaped my mahina, almost sliced my finger off during that process, made the pink tail and worked on the belt.

In the pic I just have the belt laying to show where it will sit when I have the tail on. It will be a separate piece.

Unfortunately I can't finish sewing up the belt until I get the long silver fringe that I ordered so it's just pinned in place...tormenting me. Ugh. Hate waiting.

I love it!!! Where are you wearing this?

Quote Originally Posted by SINicallyTwisted View Post
    Today I cut and reshaped my mahina, almost sliced my finger off during that process, made the pink tail and worked on the belt.

In the pic I just have the belt laying to show where it will sit when I have the tail on. It will be a separate piece.

Unfortunately I can't finish sewing up the belt until I get the long silver fringe that I ordered so it's just pinned in place...tormenting me. Ugh. Hate waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
    I love it!!! Where are you wearing this?
    Awww thank you!

Both Jem tails will be for Rhode Island Comic Con in November, where I recently found out that one of the guests is Samantha Newark! http://www.ricomiccon.com/#!guests/c21gg

Wow lots of cool people going to be there! I look forward to pictures of this

Austin St. John is cool; he gave up a life of acting to be more like an actual Power Ranger (saving lives as a paramedic)! A lot of the guests are very impressive!

Also impressive is how beautifully-'80s and thus very Jem you have gotten that tail to look!
    Because you can be a mermaid and have an immortal soul!

COMING SOMETIME (THERE'S NO HURRY):
    MY TAIL; Merbella Studios and Tia Michelle Pesando's Collaboration,
    THE FIRE ANGEL SEA DRAGON a.k.a.
    THE MER ON FIRE​!