Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Faerieworlds!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face Faerieworlds!

Any Oregon/Washington Mers heading there? I'm gonna be there all 3 days at the lagoon! I've never been, but I've heard good things about it!
    Lyra the mermaid <3

I wish I could go! I'm having surgery on the 23rd so I'll be home recovering.

I've volunteered 3 days in the lagoon as well! Just waiting to hear from Una so I can nail down details. I bough fabric to make my fabric tail- since she doesn't allow silicone, latex, or even neoprene tails.. I have 3 tails and I can't use any of them, have to make one! It may turn out like crap, we'll find out haha :P Anyway, this is my first time going to Faerieworlds, but I've wanted to go ever since I heard about it 10 years ago. So excited ^_^ This will also be my first time camping since I was a kid, so this will be interesting XP

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    I bough fabric to make my fabric tail- since she doesn't allow silicone, latex, or even neoprene tails..
    ACK, what?! But neoprene is a fabric... dang, if she doesn't even allow neoprene, then I can't even go.
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Octavia View Post
    ACK, what?! But neoprene is a fabric... dang, if she doesn't even allow neoprene, then I can't even go.
    On a side note, we'll see how the Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn handles a merman in their pool.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Please delete this old comment.
    Last edited by Max-Mermaid; 02-22-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Octavia View Post
    Well I just got the liability form, and it doesn't say no neoprene- just no silicone and no latex. Did you already sign up? (She closed volunteer call on the 1st.) I'd love to see you there

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

I think little orca is going too, so it will be so awesome to be around such lovely Mers as you both! ^_^ There are also a few awesome bands booked, so I'm sure you'll have lots of fun in and out of the water! Too bad you can't go Raayvhen... I wish you lots of luck for your surgery!
    Last edited by Ottery; 07-01-2014 at 07:22 PM. Reason: missing letters
    Lyra the mermaid <3

The only artist that I absolutely MUST SEE at all costs is S.J Tucker. SUCH a Sooj fan girl!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

I'll be at FaerieCon East in November

Sooj is a friend of a friend actually. And a amazing.

That's awesome! I've never met her myself, but know loads of people who have, and they say she's incredibly sweet and amazing. She's generally just an awesome woman

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Soooooooooo jealous, I REALLY wish I could go, but I can't cuz work I went to Faerieworlds years ago and it was amazing, but they didn't have mermaids back then. I did, however, get to see Brian and Toby Froud. Yeah.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    I'll be at the event, so I'll swing by to see y'all. If I've got my tail by then, I may just join you for a day...

It's on the 25th through the 27th. The deadline to sign up for the lagoon has passed, though.
    Lyra the mermaid <3

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottery View Post
    It's on the 25th through the 27th. The deadline to sign up for the lagoon has passed, though.
    Of July, for those who didn't know.... Don't want anyone missing it like I did last year. I thought it was in August and then found out I was wrong when I went to sign up...

Last edited by Max-Mermaid; 02-22-2017 at 12:37 AM.

Last edited by Max-Mermaid; 02-22-2017 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Mermaid View Post
    AHH!!! That's so sad!!!! They moved away from the NW? I was hoping to meet them at a meet-up. They sound so legit! @.@
    Sorry to disappoint They moved to Utah.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Speaking of faeries, it seems Twig the Fairy will be at the NC MerFest in January!