Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Faerieworlds!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've met and performed (as volunteers) with Rebecca MacKay a few times The Rouge Mermaids are great- the PNW for MerNetwork and their pod both have FB groups and we usually try and invite members of one to the other and share meet ups and info. Too bad the MacKay family moved away last year.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Please delete this old comment.
    Last edited by Max-Mermaid; 02-22-2017 at 12:41 AM.

*Peeks in*

Yeah, I will be there. Im working on some costume bits at the moment so that I have different things on different days.

~*~ To Thine Own Mermaid Be True ~*~
    ~~~ Follow me on Facebook: Merlissa the Mermaid~~~
    Deviant Art Etsy Store YouTube Mermaid Blog Instagram

Last edited by Max-Mermaid; 02-22-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Only 7 more days! I'm so excited that I get to meet fellow mers!
    Lyra the mermaid <3

Last edited by Max-Mermaid; 02-22-2017 at 12:40 AM.

Faerieworlds was AMAZING! The lagoon was impressive- a lot of detail and work went into it and it really showed - though you can't see it in the photo below since we were covering it all with all the mermaids at once! And for the water itself, Una was on top of keeping the chemical balance so none of us had to worry. All of the mers (we had 1 merman- the rest were mermaids) were so lovely- very kind, considerate, and generally great people And of course the festival itself was so awesome!

Here's a pic of (almost) all the mermaids in front of the lagoon!

Name:  10353645_1495271384047068_6853874895095991744_n copy.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  600.1 KB

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Faerieworlds was AMAZING!
    Name:  10353645_1495271384047068_6853874895095991744_n copy.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  600.1 KB
    I completely agree. Can't wait til my pictures come out. They're going to be great, i think. Hard to feel confident about costumes when you forget pieces at home... Iona it was lovely talking to you and chattering about the small things. I'm glad I said Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssaf1sh56 View Post
    I completely agree. Can't wait til my pictures come out. They're going to be great, i think. Hard to feel confident about costumes when you forget pieces at home... Iona it was lovely talking to you and chattering about the small things. I'm glad I said Hello.
    Yes, it was very nice meeting you! Sorry I didn't get to chat much! It was such a blast, but was so draining too- I was running on mermaid magic fueled adrenaline and ginseng haha :P

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Last edited by Max-Mermaid; 02-22-2017 at 12:42 AM.

you look amazing!!!!

Next year I will be there no matter what.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Awesome!

I posted my pictures in my albums here, broken into which tail I was wearing that day.

A short video my fiance managed to get. Sadly, we forgot the cable to charge to Go Pro and it died after being accidentally left on. This is the only footage I got.

Senior Member Pod of The South Rivertee's Avatar
    Follow Rivertee On Twitter Add Rivertee on Facebook
    Follow Rivertee on Tumblr
    I'v e seen a lot of pics on FB so it's nice to see them here too. I'll try and get some pics my friends had of the lagoon. I recognized Little_Orca on the spot in a few of them. You mers look amazing hopefully we can join you next year!
    ~Nothing's Impossible just hard to achieve, so stay true to yourself and always Believe~

Formerly known as Kaguria the Kitsune Mermaid

I went to Faerieworlds a few years ago- the pirate area was the only shade, and it was oppressively hot. The lagoon is a great idea. It looks like you all had a great time.

Was the sun a problem, with no shade?

From 5pm on the trees to the side started shading the lagoon. Honestly the water was pretty cold, and it felt best to swim with full/direct sunlight. After the lagoon got shaded you'd have to keep moving or just constantly be shivering. A lot of the mers would get out and get on one of the dry seats to warm up, and get back in when they started to get overheated. It worked pretty well! I just couldn't sit out too long cause the Mahina merfin would get suuuper hot and start burning my feet! But yeah it was definitely the best spot to be- nice cool water! Everyone else was jealous of the mermaids haha :P

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Also in the rest of the festival there were shade spots set up for people to get away from the sun. The volunteer camping was nice and shaded in the woody area. I still applied sunblock 4 or more times a day. They're moving venues for next year, and apparently there's lots of nice shade to be had there.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Also in the rest of the festival there were shade spots set up for people to get away from the sun. The volunteer camping was nice and shaded in the woody area. I still applied sunblock 4 or more times a day. They're moving venues for next year, and apparently there's lots of nice shade to be had there.
    Well put. There was a nice shaded spot there called the Pillow Place, and it was set up like a Genie's Tent. It was super great, but you had to take off your shoes. Interesting about the Volunteer Camping though, I'll have to remember that...