Thread: Beach Clean-Up

Junior Member Pod of New England sal410cat's Avatar
    Follow sal410cat On Twitter

Beach Clean-Up

Hi fellow mers of New England!

I was wondering if any of you would like to organize a beach clean up day? I know we're all spread out so it may not be feasible for all of us to meet at the same beach, but maybe we could all plan a day to gather a bunch of folks to clean up our local beaches? What do you all say?

Yes, absolutely! I've been wanting to do this, but wasn't sure how to proceed. The only beach I regularly go to is Walnut Beach at Silver Sands State Park in CT. It always seems fairly clean though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina Suds View Post
    Yes, absolutely! I've been wanting to do this, but wasn't sure how to proceed. The only beach I regularly go to is Walnut Beach at Silver Sands State Park in CT. It always seems fairly clean though lol
    No way! I was just there yesterday!!!! Maybe we could go and chat with people about protecting the ocean? Man I wish I had literature to pass out or something lol.

XD Sweet! Maybe we could! I know that island out there is a bird preserve. I'm not sure who takes care of it, but maybe they would be interested in something? I'm sure beach goer trash effects those birds or washes up on shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina Suds View Post
    XD Sweet! Maybe we could! I know that island out there is a bird preserve. I'm not sure who takes care of it, but maybe they would be interested in something? I'm sure beach goer trash effects those birds or washes up on shore.

Oh awesome. Legend goes that Captain Kidd bured treasure on the island - maybe we can work that in some way? When I was there yesterday I found a golf ball and a pair of sunglasses in the water. Hmmm, the wheels are starting to turn.

I've heard that too~ Mermaids and pirates are a winning combo.