Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tail Carrying Bags - What makes a good one?

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Pearl View Post
    Fin Fun just started selling branded bags for carrying tails and mono fins. I think they'd probably work for any sort of fabric tail with a separate, similarly shaped monofin. They're currently out of stock, but I might lay some hints and see if I can get one for Christmas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there Princess Pearl. I just got my Fin Fun tail, bikini top, bikini bottom, tankini top, and monofin on 10/30/14 and they didn't have my matching swim shorts in my size or color so I couldn't order them.
    But when they are available and when I can, I would like to get it with a matching headband, tote bag, and Barbie outfit cause I love their stuff so much that I would buy everything that I said above to go with everything that I already have.
    Do you know when the matching shorts and tote bag will be available again in my color and size so that when I have the money saved up I can buy them as soon as I can?
    Also do you know if I should make my Mer Facebook and YouTube pages now or do you think I should just upload them to my pages that I have now?
    Cause I have a unboxing video of me opening everything and I have a few pics from Halloween but I don't know if I should put them up on my pages I have now or make my Mer pages and post them there.
    Please let me know as soon as you can about everything that I said above and as soon as I can I'll take pics of me wearing everything and in the box still in the bags and I'll post them on the Fin Fun thread as soon as I can.
    Last edited by TaurielTheElementMerfairy; 11-09-2014 at 04:52 PM.
    User formerly known as "Rebekah The Element Merfairy."

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Has anyone tried using those big art portfolio bags?
    I have a portfolio bag. It is big enough for my MagicTail. It is a bit troublesome to travel with it - I have mainly used it on trains, and I was afraid to leave it in the luggage rack because it is not very sturdy and I was afraid someone would put something heavy on top and break the monofin. It traveled between the last two seats in the wagon and the wall behind them. Nobody complained, and it came out perfectly after 4 trips. I have not used it on a plane though.

Here is a video to give you an idea how big it is and how the tail fits inside:

Quote Originally Posted by Rebekah The Element Merfairy View Post
    Do you know when the matching shorts and tote bag will be available again in my color and size so that when I have the money saved up I can buy them as soon as I can?
    Also do you know if I should make my Mer Facebook and YouTube pages now or do you think I should just upload them to my pages that I have now?
    Please let me know as soon as you can about everything that I said above and as soon as I can I'll take pics of me wearing everything and in the box still in the bags and I'll post them on the Fin Fun thread as soon as I can.
    Hi, Rebekah!

I don't have any official connection to Fin Fun- I'm just a fan. I don't know any more than what they post on their website. I know that you can sign up for updates and they send you an e-mail when the thing you want is back in stock.

As for setting up mermaid social media accounts, I created mine as soon as I decided on names. That way no one else could get them first However, that's starting to get really off topic. Back to bags!

I found this new Ikea-bag, I'm totally going to buy it.
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90149148/

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I pack the tail skin into my bag pack and carry the monofin.

As for the portfolio bags, can try the ones with a harder case instead of the canvas ones.

They look like these but are made of plastic cardboard and have a sturdy plastic handle.

http://www.hummel-buch.de/Dura-Portf...eichenmappe-A2

Talia,

I can't tell if you have plastic pockets or pages, they usually come with the portfolio when you buy it. Can stuff some bubble wrap into the pages inside of the folio. That way your monofin is protected from breakage if something heavy sits on it. Make it so the bubble wrap sits flat inside of it, not all bulgy and ugly.
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 11-09-2014 at 07:09 PM.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I'm working on making a custom bag, it's going to be similar to an Irish Dance dress bag. Name:  bag-front-on.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  29.2 KB

with a custom sized space for the fluke

Junior Member Pod of New England Kitaronicus's Avatar
    Follow Kitaronicus On Twitter Add Kitaronicus on Facebook
    Follow Kitaronicus on Tumblr
    I'm probably going to use my portfolio bag.

Phaylenn, that's an awesome idea! And something like that would be great for mers with heavy silicone tails- carrying around a 50 lb tail is a lot easier with wheels!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. Since I have my Artic Blue mermaid tail with monofin, bikini top, bikini bottom and tankini top from Fin Fun.
    I'm thinking of when I can of getting the matching shorts when they have them, matching headband, Barbie outfit, but I'm not sure if I wanna get the matching tote bag from them or the large portfolio bag seen in the video above.
    Cause if I get a tote bag, I would like to be able to put in it 2 tails and matching tops with accessories in it and I'm thinking of getting another color from them with the same stuff that my blue tail has but I just don't know what tote bag to get when I can.
    If you can help me out with everything that I said above please either leave me a comment here or you can send me a pm on Facebook messenger as soon as you can and my name there is Rebekah Leigh.
    User formerly known as "Rebekah The Element Merfairy."

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebekah The Element Merfairy View Post
    Hi everyone. Since I have my Artic Blue mermaid tail with monofin, bikini top, bikini bottom and tankini top from Fin Fun.
    I'm thinking of when I can of getting the matching shorts when they have them, matching headband, Barbie outfit, but I'm not sure if I wanna get the matching tote bag from them or the large portfolio bag seen in the video above.
    Cause if I get a tote bag, I would like to be able to put in it 2 tails and matching tops with accessories in it and I'm thinking of getting another color from them with the same stuff that my blue tail has but I just don't know what tote bag to get when I can.
    If you can help me out with everything that I said above please either leave me a comment here or you can send me a pm on Facebook messenger as soon as you can and my name there is Rebekah Leigh.
    I bring my tail and fin in a regular bagpack. It fits everything including several snacks, a large drink bottle, shampoo, soap, and even a blanket bag which I use to put my wet stuff into.
    Formerly known as ireneho