ABOUT SIRENALIA Sirenalia
Sirenalia

Manufacturer: Sirenalia

ABOUT SIRENALIA:
This maker offers silicone tails.

sirenalia.com
Maria@sirenalia.com

RULES FOR REVIEWS:

1. Do not post a review until after you have received you tail, and used it at least once.
Otherwise it can not be a true review of the product. If you wish to complain about delays or poor customer service, or post a review after unboxing but before first use, please discuss that in a forum thread.

2. You must provide proof of purchase.
Due to abuse of the system, you MUST provide proof of purchase within your review. This can be a photo of you in your tail, or a photo of your tail with a piece of paper with "MerNetwork.com" written on it, placed on or near your tail so it can be clearly seen in the photo. This photo can be embedded (see instructions on how to do so below), or the photo can be linked to via url or hyperlink in the review. If you do not include this, your review will not be approved.
If you are having trouble inserting photos, please see THIS THREAD for a tutorial on how to do so.

3. Be respectful and objective.
If you have anything negative to say, please refrain from personal attacks on the tailmaker.

4. Share useful information.
Discuss the item's color, texture, weight, quality and shipping condition. You also may wish to describe the tailmaker's customer service and delivery time. Describe how it worked in the water, the process of getting it on and off, and other useful information.

5. Be truthful to the best of your ability.
Deliberately false or misleading information in reviews will not be tolerated.

Be aware that approval of reviews is at the Admin's discretion. If we have reason to believe a review is falsified, we will remove it.

Thread: Sirenalia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

5 out of 5 rating for Sirenalia

I finally got around to doing a review for my Sirenalia tail that I received in August 2014! I wanted to make it right, so here it is:

[Customer Service]

First thing I would like to state is, when it comes to buying tails in the mermaid community, I have heard many horror stories about the service and communication with the tail-makers. I was fortunate enough to get what I believe is the best customer service one could possibly get when buying a tail.

The masterminds behind Sirenalia are Maria Russo and Jason Darling.

These guys did it right.

When I first dropped them a message about my interest in getting a tail, they were quick to respond and were very respectful. Having been a new tail-making company to the mer-community, I remember throwing a bunch of random questions their way. They did not hesitate to answer every single one of them thoroughly (and with a slight sense of humor.) With that, I knew that these were people that I wanted to do business with.

It all started with my color scheme. I drew up an outline of their tail design and colored in exactly how I wanted my tail to be painted (as shown below.)

After their approval, they had mentioned that they had 3 more tail orders ahead of me, so the process for my tail wasn't going to start for a while. I had accepted the wait.

For a period of about 6 months, they have done nothing but keep in touch with me. I even had the privilege of developing a
    friendship with them both. I received consistent messages from them explaining any delays (due to working on other tails, complications, personal issues, vacations, etc.), all of which I was totally understanding of.

Once my tail was in production, Maria made sure to send me updates, some of which were in video form.
    (Update photos shown below.)

Then, it finally came time for the tail to ship out!

[The Tail]

The tail arrived in a giant, well-packaged box. The tail was folded nicely within some protective plastic garbage bags (what else was it going to fit into?) and non-abrasive packaging material. When I unfolded the
    beauty, I could not believe my eyes! It was the tail I have always dreamed of, and it was sitting right in front of me.

See for yourself!

The photo they took before they sent it to me.

Photos I took. Are you SEEING those ankle fins?!

It is clear that, from the first look, they have mastered the color scheme.

SPOT.ON.

Now, let's take a closer look at the seams, details, inside, fins, etc.:

The cutest darn fins that I have ever seen!

An exquisite blending job with a flesh tone waist!

See if you can spot the seams!! (This is some brilliant work!)

A slight mesh lining for extra stability! (Totally digging the white base color. Helps bring out the colors. :) )

The backside, and another view of the front! This tail contains a FINIS SHOOTER MONOFIN cut down to fit inside the fluke.

Overall, this is a magnificent piece of art.

Sirenalia have only sold a few tails to the public at the time of the production of my tail, so it is safe to say that they are quick learners. The construction of the tail is flawless, everything is attached with what feels like a strong hold, and the time spent to make sure this tail was as perfect as it could be must have been endless.
    I couldn't be happier with the way this tail turned out!

[Functionality/Wearing the Tail]

By the time I wrote this review, I had swum in my tail 3 times (and tried it on 4). The initial trying on of the tail was a bit tight. I was fully aware that the tail was supposed to fit like a
    second skin. A slight concern struck in me at first, but once I got it on in the water and took it for a swim,
    all was well! I think it takes a little getting used to for someone who has never had a tail or for someone who has not had a tightly fitted tail.

Swimming in the water is a BLAST!

I can
    NOT believe the speed! The FINIS Shooter is as it states; the propulsion is like no other! It helps that the monofin in fully secured into the fluke (as it should be for any mermaid tail.) At most, I get water in the foot pocket, which is normal. I have found that Sirenalia had created some slight slits in the tail to allow any extra trapped water to escape. (They are so tiny, yet so effective!)

[5 Star Review]

So, to sum it up, I believe that Sirenalia is the next big tail-making business. They deserve the recognition as amazing and talented
    artists, but also as great and aspiring people. Their 5 stars are justified by:

-Outstanding customer service
    -Creating works of art with precision and care
    -A product with a fluid performance

I have nothing but great things to say about both
    Jason and Maria. I cannot emphasize enough the sheer pleasure I have had working with this company, my friends.

Sirenalia offer a
    breath-taking product at an affordable price. You will be getting more than what you paid for.

-Mermaid Syphira-
    Last edited by StephanieinahpetS; 11-28-2014 at 01:10 AM.

5 out of 5 rating for Sirenalia

Sirenalia review
    http://www.sirenalia.com
    https://www.facebook.com/Sirenalia

(please forgive me if this review isn't very good. I am working from a very slow computer in a circus tent.) :)

I know buying a tail is daunting and scary. You look at all the pretty pictures and wonder which tail you want to invest in. I say invest, because they are very expensive.
    The price is part of what makes buying a tail frightening.
    You read reviews and think really hard.

I was fortunate in my choice. Because, I have seen, tried on, and loved many silicone tails. I did the research and discovered there was one tail maker who didn’t have a lot of reviews. I had fallen in love with that tail makers fluke design, and wanted that tail more then anything.
    (but there was no reviews at the time, only pretty pictures.)

So I contacted the seller.
    She was super nice, and answered my rather insistent, and almost consistent questions quickly.
    She was offering a deal for Christmas delivery. A deal that overwhelmed her quickly.
    An expectant mother, she found her orders piling up.

I loved the fact that she was VERY open and honest about the trials and work load.

Me, I am also a costume maker. I work in wardrobe at Cirque Du Soleil, and know all about wardrobe and how things can go wrong. (as with anything HANDMADE, by an artist…sometimes things happen)

I was very appreciative during the tail making process of her notes, txt conversations, and even photo’s of the creation of the tail as it was being molded and produced.

This tail maker genuinely cares about her tails, and treats each one as if it’s a baby. In a way, for the mermaid getting the tail, it is a baby.

The tail arrived in a very nice box, with hand drawn personalized artistic flair.
    Here is my video of the unboxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU8DGArYOK4

The tail itself is beautiful, exactly like the drawings I gave her, and in real life extremely bright and vibrant. The drawing I gave her was my Magictail entry from the 2014 design contest. (because I REALLY really wanted that design.)

It was easy to put on, and I was shocked that it slid on without the use of conditioner. Which I have had to use when I tried on other tails at Mermaid gatherings.

It was a perfect fit to my rather unique body type. Custom and perfect.

Swimming was easy. I have a trainer, and she was directing me in the new tail. I wanted to swim with other mermaids for it’s first swim. (just in case I got into trouble)
    This is a video from the 1st swim as I was getting instructions and training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7eN...ature=youtu.be

Quality- very good
    Time to craft- 6+ months (normal for a giant custom prosthetic)
    Communication- very good
    Coloring- AWESOME
    Fit- AWESOME
    Function- very good
    Price – $2,000 and up- Affordable, and very good (she even does payment plans. I chose ˝ up front and shipping / final half upon completion)
    Would I recommend to others?- YES! If you are a first time silicone, this is your first silicone…this is a great tail!

She even has rentals and is currently hosting ocean swims and trips. I am very much tempted to go along with her on one of these adventures!

Tails can also be seen here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2p02A8fJyE

http://flashpool.tumblr.com/post/115...wanted-to-be-a

And here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb8oZhK4z1M