Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mertailor Tail Meet Up

Mertailor Tail Meet Up

🐋
    Last edited by Mermaid Mandi; 07-13-2015 at 02:07 AM.
    Mermaid Mandi
    http://www.MermaidMandi.wix.com/MermaidMandi
    http://www.facebook.com/MermaidMandi
    http://www.tumblr.com/MermaidMandi
    http://www.twitter.com/MermaidMandi
    http://www.instagram.com/Mermaid_Mandi

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    That's weird and exclusionary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Mandi View Post
    I was thinking of having a Mermaid meet up with all the Mermaids and Merman and little Mermaids who has a Mertailor tail was thinking of having it in Coney Island or a closer place on the beach I would like to have it seeing so many color tails that's beautiful for people to see.
    If you are able to use a "." at the end of your post, you are able to fucking use all the punctuation signs that exist. I know I'm being rude here but you gotta put yourself in our shoes to understand how nerve wrecking this is. Seriously...

end/rant.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Arion:

Mandi: Good luck coordinating that.

For all the tails it seems that Eric sells, funny how you never see any of them anywhere...except in his facebook feed.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    If you are able to use a "." at the end of your post, you are able to fucking use all the punctuation signs that exist. I know I'm being rude here but you gotta put yourself in our shoes to understand how nerve wrecking this is. Seriously...

end/rant.
    LMAO. This.

Mandi if you want to be part of the community why don't you try posting about things other than just Mertailor? There are plenty of other topics!
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Hey now, *points at icon* I have a Mertailor tail & you see it a bit. I agree with Wesley though; exclusionary is not cool.

I don't have a mertailor tail and I don't feel offended, it's like at merfest when everyone said it was cool to see some of the Merbellas tails together and compare. While that event wasn't just merbellas tail owners I can see wanting to gather and compare tails from the same maker. It's not a big deal. If this person wants to post about mertailor then they can. Just my thoughts, though I know everyone will still find offense to having a mertailor tail meet happen.

I think the problem people are having is that she has posted stuff about mertailor often over the last few days, and the posts have had poor grammar to the point that people are uncertain as to what she was actually trying to say about them.

The meet suggestion itself probably isn't what makes people offended, if they are offended, but it just ends up being another heaping onto the uncomfortable nature these posts are putting people into.

Note: this is based off of my observations which could jolly well be wrong.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Yeah it's just that 90% of her posts have been about Mertailor. So it kind of seems like she doesn't care about anything but Mertailor. I love FinFolk but have plenty of other things to post about!
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I don't have a mertailor tail and I don't feel offended, it's like at merfest when everyone said it was cool to see some of the Merbellas tails together and compare. While that event wasn't just merbellas tail owners
    I think there were all of 3 merbellas tails. Mine, Kailani, and Hyli. It was mostly finfolk, personally made, and mertailor by far with a couple mermaid creation thrown in hahaha. I actually think we were in the minority.

I just think if you wanna have a mertailor only event then you should contact mertailor and he can probably help you find people.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    now now guys looking at the post seems like she's new here and hasnt explore all the diffrent types of tails there are. education is key

@mandi- the reason why this idea dosnt seem popular is that it kinda runins the fun of diffrent mers and amiring the diffrent types of tails these mers were able to scrounge up.

Name:  replacement2.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  206.2 KB

take this picture we all see on the mernetwork homepage. look at all the different color, shapes, and textures thier tails have. its beauty in diversity not just colors and numbers. That's something we all like to express on this site. without this mermaiding wouldnt seem as fun, you know what i mean?

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Quote Originally Posted by Fun123joker View Post
    now now guys looking at the post seems like she's new here and hasnt explore all the diffrent types of tails there are. education is key
    It's true that she doesn't have many posts... but I would like to draw attention to the joined date. Not that I can really say anything since mine is around a year and I barely have over 100 posts.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    ^i havent looked at that until now.

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I've followed Mandi's page on FB for a while. She means well- she does love Eric's work- I don't think she meant to offend anyone with her idea.
    I can see why that would be a neat idea, to have a lot by the same tailmaker in one place. But a lot of people go with other tailmakers, make their own, or just can't afford Eric's tails. So while I appreciate the idea behind your post, Mandi, I hope you can see why people didn't take to it so well, cause it does seem a little unfair.
    Maybe just put a call out for a general meetup- and the more Mertailor tails the better maybe say? Like if they have a few different tails they should opt to bring their Mertailor tail rather than another for that meetup- and see who shows up You can always take lots of pics, and get group shots with everyone- no matter the tail- then get a few shots with just the Mertailor tail owners? If people show up who have more of other tailmakers you could get group shots sorted by tailmakers. Could be cool!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Well said iona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    The New England/New York pod actually has meetups at Coney Island at least once a month, if not twice during the summer! Lanai heads them up. Some of us have Mertailor tails, some of us don't, we've got a good showing of everything in the tail spectrum, from full silicone to cloth. We have a ton of fun and then go for hot dogs on the boardwalk after. You can check out the event page here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2955...80673/?fref=ts

We'd love to have you join us!

she prob didnt mean harm in this post , she prob feels embarrassed already. due to everyones response to it

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCecelia View Post
    she prob didnt mean harm in this post , she prob feels embarrassed already. due to everyones response to it
    I have to agree. No wonder she hasn't responded for awhile. :-/ so much negativity

To be fair, all she ever posts is mertailor stuff. I think everyone is tired of it especially based on her other recent topics.