Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Music

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Red face Mermaid Music

I'm not sure where would be the appropriate place to post this, so feel free to move it.

I wanted to share some music that makes me think of mermaids either because of the music, lyrics, or videos, and also leave it here for people looking for inspiration for music they can use to swim to in videos or make slideshows with. Please feel free to add your own.

Music:
    Classical music is generally copyright free is you choose to use it in your youtube/online video

Fan Videos
    These are fan videos from youtube where I wouldn't normally think of the music but now it makes me think of mermaids

Music Videos with Mermaids
    Real Music Videos that have mermaids in them

Also "Wish you were Here" by Incubus (I can't get the video to load)

Other Songs About, Inspired by, Or Could Be Used in a Video
    Just some other songs that make me personally think of mermaids or I think are nice in music videos

PLEASE ADD YOURS

These are wonderful mermaid songs! I have a whole list of songs which are actually titled "Mermaid", I can share those if you'd like!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Taylor is a Mermaid's Avatar
    I'm hoping you've all heard this hilarious song. It's a cover of a Shel Silverstein song, and who doesn't love Shel Silverstein's clever way with words?

Dear Jessie by Madonna-probably my favorite Madonna song ever!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGYmN-1UQzI

Come On In, The Water's Fine from Jem and the Holograms-two of my biggest obsessions combined, mermaids and Jem and the Holograms, the greatest animated series of the 1980s, IMHO!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHwsLYoi49o

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Dr. SeaWeed's Avatar
    The Selkie- Iona Leigh

Sirens of the Sea- OceanLab

My husband has a song on his new CD about Mermaids aswell! There isnt a youtube video for it as of yet but a short sample can be heard here: Mermaids-Ashley MacIsaac http://www.amazon.com/Mermaids/dp/B0050AATSI

whoa whoa WHOA. Andrew...HOW COULD I NOT PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER I KNEW YOUR WEDDING PHOTOS LOOKED FAMILIAR HOLY CRAP MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED. You guys got married on stage at one of his concerts a couple years ago didnt you? Seriously, my mind is blown. Im so slow. I dont know how it took me so long to figure that out what a silly head I am! Valentines day wasnt it?! Ahh Im sure if I googled I could find something about it! (context: Andrew's husband is kinda a big shot musician around here for like, ever! lol)

Okay, fan girl aside (because you know I have love for my fellow east coast musicians bwahaha!) that is a lovely song. I am totally going to buy it. I also really like the sirens of the sea song too. I'm hoping we can get a good database of songs up here but Im also going to try really hard to find ones legal to use in videos!

also I think I just proved every single stereo type for Canada with that. LOL too random canadians meet on the internet "hey do you know steve from canada?" "oh, yah! He's my buddy" kinda deal LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    also I think I just proved every single stereo type for Canada with that. LOL too random canadians meet on the internet "hey do you know steve from canada?" "oh, yah! He's my buddy" kinda deal LOL
    haha you know I thought you may of heard his music before since you were from Nova Scotia aswell but a lot of younger people dont so i wasnt sure you were right about all the details except that it was on the 18th. however while we knew we would get married for over a year at that point we hadnt set a date, so we set the date on the 14th(Valentines day) and got married on the 18th so it was very quick and it has been 4 years now im sure you could find something on google I think the CBC still has some stories up there. I see you sent me a msg on FB so ill continue replying there before i ramble too much! <3

Raina here is an article you might find funny :P Ashley MacIsaac's hubby; A Mer-Man: http://blogs.canoe.ca/ent/music/ashl...bby-a-mer-man/ hehe

he wasnt sure on the details when he was asked about awards or whatever but i forgive him hehe

Oh and P.S. you know my favourite Mer-related song is Yours about the merman !! <3 Ill leave it to you to link it:P

Pod of The South

Mer Music! Help add to the playlist!

Okay, so I was thinking we need a really great playlist of music that either involves mers or reminds us of them, the ocean, swimming or anything else related to them!

Please try keep it to mer-related and not just "I like this song/artist/band". Oh, and a note of what type of music, in general, it is would be great too!

For example:

Aqua - We Belong to the Sea (Pop)
    Evanescence - Going Under (Rock)
    VNV Nation - Beloved (Industrial)
    Abri Van Straten - Sunlight and Shadows (New Age) (entire album, esp. Kites, Voices From the Blue, Sound of Waves)

So, what are some of YOUR mer favorites?

I actually have an entire youtube channel dedicated to mer-vids, music and otherwise.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/Acqua1313

Here's a list of some of my favorites (which are all included on my channel)

Underwater Love by Smoke City
    Let Go by Frou Frou
    Mermaids by Juliana
    Swimming by Florence + the Machine
    No Air by Jordan Sparks (and the Glee version)
    Mermaids, Pirates by The Blue Sky Project
    Fragile by Kerli
    We Belong to the Sea by Aqua
    Not even to mention music from TLM.

There also needs to be tons of Enya, Celtic Woman, and Hayley Westenra added to the list.

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

Aqua, I cant stop watching your signature. Im sitting here watching it over and over. where is that from!

lol. This mer-fan made it. Her name is Avery. Here's link to her blog: http://mermaiding.tumblr.com/

She makes tons of mermaid gifs.

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

thanks! I got one too. great stuff

Hi everyone!

Maybe you could help me.
    Im searching for songs, that have something to do with water, ocean, mermaids but also be oriental!
    Its for an bellydance performance next year.
    I found nothing good yet. :/

What about Cirque du Soleil songs? Maybe from 'O'?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Here are a few that make me feel zoned out or oceanic inspired.

This one reminds me of my beloved resident killer whales, and the wonderful coastline that I call home.

I don't have the video, but I like the song, my jolly sailor bold
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I liked the music of Ecco the Dolphin, I still have them around on my pc... sadly I can't play the game anymore... stupid windows 7
    Your imagination is your only limit