Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Music

Senior Member Pod of The South WavyMermaidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    I'm glad I kept searching, I wanted to find a thread like this. I love how many different kinds of music are posted here.
    I know what you mean, I love this kind of stuff. Here is another thread that you might be interested in where people have listed what type of music would be on a mer-playlist for swimming: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-Mer-Music-%29

Also thanks for posting some vintage stuff...love that 1st half of 20th century music as well

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WavyMermaidy View Post
    Also thanks for posting some vintage stuff...love that 1st half of 20th century music as well
    I love music from the 30s and 40s

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, Cab Calloway (my favorite version of this song)

Codfish Ball

Senior Member Pod of The South WavyMermaidy's Avatar
    Ha ha gotta love Shirley! I meant to mention also I like that Diane Arkenstone song you posted, Aeolius...I shall have to check out the Aquaria album!

Yay, Shirley Temple! I love her, too. What an adorable video. I'm putting that on my Vintage Nautical Tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by WavyMermaidy View Post
    Ha ha gotta love Shirley! I meant to mention also I like that Diane Arkenstone song you posted, Aeolius...I shall have to check out the Aquaria album!
    When I remember to do so, I Shoutcast some aquatic-themed tunes on Sunday nights. Anyone can tune in and listen More Info

How has no one here heard of Kai Altair?! She's a mermaid, a singer, and a bellydancer! You can buy her first EP for just over a dollar. For those of you in NY you should all go see her at Mermaid Lagoon.

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    I have loved this song since the first time I heard it. To me it sound like a tale of a mermaid saying goodbye to her human lover because she is being called back to the sea. But you guys can intemperate it differently.

xxx

David Arkenstone - Call of the Sea

Ween - Ocean Man

And one that makes me thing of the Jungle of Lost Ships in the World of Greyhawk
    Modest Mouse - Dashboard
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Ocean Man! I have that on my Siren Songs playlist. I love that song.

Quote Originally Posted by Raayvhen View Post
    How has no one here heard of Kai Altair?! She's a mermaid, a singer, and a bellydancer! You can buy her first EP for just over a dollar. For those of you in NY you should all go see her at Mermaid Lagoon.
    Thank you! I hadn't heard of her before. Lovely... you can tell she is feeling every word.

Two I thought of today...

Mermaid by Woodland. This band... this band is just magickal. Even if I didn't enjoy the music, hearing them live is like having some kind of awesome chakra cleaning whammy.

Sirena by Faun.

I can't say enough good about Faun, this amazing German band... I just wish I could understand German when I listen to them.

I love Faun! I first heard their music played on The Wigglian Way podcast and was hooked!

I can't believe I forgot about these guys til now. Actually, yes I can. Gah, dissociative disorders are far more annoying after recovery than before. Anyway, The Mermen.

http://www.mermen.net/

The Mermen. They describe themselves (I've seen on their link via Google) as psychadelic instrumental ocean music. However, I'd have classified them as instrumental surf rock.

Neptune's Revenge

The Whales are Coming and Boy Are They Pissed.

For anyone into darker music like EBM, Seabound is one of my favorites.

Wow! This is the best thread ever! I was just looking for more mermaid songs to add to my playlist. Right now, I'm totally obsessed with Metric's "Breathing Underwater" from their Synthetica album. http://ilovemetric.com/music/

Actually to me, that album has a "mermaid feel" to it. The whole thing is about accepting who you are (the good and bad), growing up (but still staying young) etc. I found the album to be quite freeing. There's a "let go" feeling to the album. But mermaids be warned, the first 15 seconds drops the f-bomb. So for those that are easily offended, avoid the album (but listen to Breathing Underwater, it's clean).
    Visit me on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/mermaidsofthegreatsaltlake

And check out my memoir of mermaid adventures and mishaps!
    http://memoirsofmermaidleiloni.blogspot.com/

Just keep swimming!

I always feel that "mermaid music" should be as deep, mysterious and beautiful as the Ocean. It has been difficult to find exactly what I like, but I have been making a collection on youtube. I'm glad for this thread, I can see a lot of great selections! Lets keep sharing!
    Here is my playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5D55590DA4C061C8

Mermaid (kind of) Music that inspires me as I make my tails!

1. Cosmic Love- Florence and the Machine
    2. Swimming- Florence and the Machine
    3. You've Got the Love- Florence and the Machine
    3. No Air- Jordan Sparks/ Glee Cover

Look up Hannah Fraser You Got the Love on YouTube! absolutely beautiful!

Senior Member Euro Pod
    FFor more ethereal sound but not over sampled, try out Anuna.ie - some great sounds especially from their invocation and earlier cd's. Deuter has a great "silence sea" album which iis more of ambient sea sound. Someone already mentioned Mckennit, Conjure one, delerium etc. Les Mills often choose excellent tracks for Their Body Balance CDs. Great for flexability and zoning out.

Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    I can't believe I forgot about these guys til now. Actually, yes I can. Gah, dissociative disorders are far more annoying after recovery than before. Anyway, The Mermen.

http://www.mermen.net/

The Mermen. They describe themselves (I've seen on their link via Google) as psychadelic instrumental ocean music. However, I'd have classified them as instrumental surf rock.
    Okay, IN LOVE with MERMEN! They are fabulous!

Oh, good! I'm so glad. I was surprised a little that they hadn't been mentioned. Not really well known.

Two songs from a YouTube user who put on an echo effect. I like them, they feel like listening to someone's memories... or at least, that effect in a film or such.

Somewhere At Sea

Four Winds and the Seven Seas

Lots of music by Enya is very mermaid-like in my opinion. one of my favorites is Carribean Blue! Sorry i can't post a video, something is messing with my upload option
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani