Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Music

omg i love the octopus's GARDEN <3
    The SeaGlass Siren

It might not mean much outside the context of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    This is a chant I say in my head like a mantra while swimming. It helps me hold my breath longer because I can tell myself, "just make it to the end of this verse..." It's super easy to learn too since it's so short.

Born of water,
    Cleansing, powerful
    Healing, changing,
    I am

Repeat until you run out of breath!

Last edited by Mary Marine; 02-02-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaïs Nin

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I love how i started this thread 3 years ago and it's still goin

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    Raina, mermaid music NEVER goes out of style.

Sharon Knight has an album called Song of the Sea. "Siren Moon", "Star of the Sea", and "Song of the Sea" are my favorites. No YouTube link sorry, but you can hear/buy them on her website: http://sharonknight.bandcamp.com/album/song-of-the-sea
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaïs Nin

User formerly known as "The Balsam Mermaid".

^that song always livens up my spirits

this is another one of my personal favorite mermaid songs. Such and interestingly orchestrated piece

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    Raina, mermaid music NEVER goes out of style.

Sharon Knight has an album called Song of the Sea. "Siren Moon", "Star of the Sea", and "Song of the Sea" are my favorites. No YouTube link sorry, but you can hear/buy them on her website: http://sharonknight.bandcamp.com/album/song-of-the-sea
    Thank you for this... I went to her page and I love her. I hadn't heard her until tonight. Liked her on FB, too. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get to see her live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Syrena View Post
    Yep, it's a Sony player in pink and white! *girlish glee*

It's a bit tricky, though. It works fine above land, but once I start swimming long and hard, the water pressure tends to push the ear buds out of my ear, which wets the bud, which makes the volume dip. Ugh. Hopefully I learn how to use it properly soon.
    Yeah, I decided no to go with underwater player with earplugs. I've read reviews, and they just don't stay in and tend to have not so great sound quality underwater. Plus more parts = more places for it to break.

I love my Finis Swimp3 player! They've been making them for at least 10 years, so they've got it down. It conducts the sound through your bones into your ear drum, so underwater the sound is SO clear! Plus, remember if you use "mermaid20" on the Finis website at checkout, you get 20% off

My swimp3 has about had it, after 5 years of mermaid abuse :P But Finis has a trade in program for them where if you want to trade your old one in for a new one they only charge $75. So that is TOTALLY happening soon!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Also, loving some of the songs! Keep 'em coming! I also smirk to myself that every few pages someone posts the Pirates & Mermaids I uploaded to my original YouTube years ago. That's one of my tip of the top favorite mermaid songs <3

Here's one that I haven't been able to get out of my head. I know the first few chords can hit the ear wrong, but hang in there- it's worth it!

Few more-

Symphonic version of the Great Fairy's Fountain I just love. I'm so glad they did the Zelda 25th anniversary symphony!

Techno that sound like the ocean and waves

Beautiful piano that is perfect for night swimming..

I have a huge playlist (it's around 100 songs right now) that's sectioned in moods/flows and in order in a way that they all flow into one another. ^_^ This thread has gone so long I've forgotten what I have and haven't posted XP

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

(Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)

Helium Vola mashes up electronic music with mainly medieval lyrics in many different languages.
    The voice of the main singer is hauntingly beautiful, and some of their quiet songs (they also do danceable music) fit quite well to my imagination of mermaids singing.

I totally have Helium Vola's Selig on my playlist Love their stuff!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    It surprises me that nobody mentioned Two Steps From Hell. They create such lovely (soundtrack and epic) music!

Here are some of my favorites which reminds me of mermaids:

This is the little list of music I listen to while creating mermaid accessories =)
    Name:  Schermafbeelding 2014-02-05 om 19.46.11.png
Views: 247
Size:  112.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke Pie View Post
    It surprises me that nobody mentioned Two Steps From Hell. They create such lovely (soundtrack and epic) music!
    Mermaid Lorelei got me into Two Steps from Hell when she used Blackheart as the music for one of her videos Some of their stuff is a little too epic to be mermaid music for me. Seems more like battle music or pirate music. But I like that one that you posted- thanks for posting

I thought of posting this after posting about why I named my tail Ruto. I thought about naming her Rutela, after the Zora Queen- but I figured Ruto was a perfect match: my tail is blue and beautiful, I have to carry it everywhere, it's high maintenance, clingy, and it's sassy with me, lol! But as is the case with Princess Ruto, totally worth it Anyhow, here's Rutela's theme (aka the Serenade of Water from OOT).

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

I posted this a couple years ago (I think it was), but posting again because I found a decent YT link for it. And I love it so.

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post

I thought of posting this after posting about why I named my tail Ruto. I thought about naming her Rutela, after the Zora Queen- but I figured Ruto was a perfect match: my tail is blue and beautiful, I have to carry it everywhere, it's high maintenance, clingy, and it's sassy with me, lol! But as is the case with Princess Ruto, totally worth it
    At least your tail doesn't fuss about being put down occasionally!
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

I'm not sure if this counts or not. It's a song from a videogame that just came out.

This music is played during the part when the Fable of the little mermaid is dancing.

It feels like a watery song to me and I enjoy listening to it a lot.
    ıllıllı ɢơ ɨռէσ էɧɘ ω£я ıllıllı

(Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)