Thread: New Jersey Merfolk

New Jersey Merfolk

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of any mermaid groups or organizations or anything in the NJ area where people can get together and "be" mermaids. I have always loved mermaids my whole life, I own several mermaid tails, I'm an actress and a mother of 2 and would love to be able to put my tails and passion for mermaids to use. I don't know if there are any mermaid meetup or cosplay groups out there where merfolk can get together once in a while and swim and "become" mermaids at events, get-togethers or festivals. I live in South Jersey where we've got the Jersey shore and plenty of lakes, rivers, etc. If anyone knows of anything like this, let me know! Thank you!

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Hi Serena I live in North Jersey, really close to the city. There's a group of us (I'd loosely term them the NY pod, although I think we're the Pod of New England, but really it's people within commuting distance of NYC, not north New England so much) that get together every month or so for mermaid meetups. Here's the event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2955...80673/?fref=ts

We'd love to have you join us! Alternatively, I'm all for going down the shore and doing a meetup there

Hi Theta! Thanks for the reply! North Jersey would be a bit too far for me, but if you ever do any meetups at the Jersey shore (Seaside Heights, Wildwood, Ocean City, Atlantic City, Long Beach Island, Brigantine, etc.) please let me know! I tried to click on your facebook link, but it didn't work?

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Oooh, Seaside Heights would be fun I wanted to get out there and get mermaid pictures by the submerged Ferris wheel, but I never got a chance.

The link works for me? I dunno Here's the direct link:

https://www.facebook.com/mermaidtheta

(Thinking about salt water taffy and drooling now, lol.)

Yes, I love Seaside Heights! We vacation there every summer since I was a kid! (And I love salt water taffy! Yum...) Let me know if you ever decide to do a mer meetup there!

Ok this thread is obviously dated but I would be up for an NJ meetup I live in the neighboring town to Theta

@Mermaid_Jordyn, we do a lot of them in Coney Island, New York, during summer so you're always welcome to join us!
    Mermaids&Anchors