Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth Mers Silicone Top Adventure!

Perth Mers Silicone Top Adventure!

I'm super excited to announce today Mermaid Jessica Pearl and myself started a new project we have been talking about for months - We are going to try to make our own silicon tops! Well hopefully - we will see haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've been wanting to do this for a while as I just don't have a top I like swimming in. Everything I have made so far either has a lot of drag or didn't stay together too well while swimming. I've got a couple of ideas but I manly want something that is comfortable and covers my boobs. Even tho I have quite a nice shell collection now I'm sick of them barely covering the front and leaving the sides open and needing to be filled with greenery. Since Jessica Pearl and myself are a similar size we will be working together and sharing the costs and hopefully we will get a couple of awesome tops out of it

So we have started off with a cast for shape. So much fun and mess. There is plaster everywhere! Monster clay has also been acquired!

So end of the day we ended up with a good body mould to work on top on to ensure we get a good moulded fit

Going to let the whole thing dry over night.

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    That's a cool idea to plaster a bra, lol.
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

I can't wait to see how this turns out! Good luck!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    Will be following this post
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

This is a really interesting and useful thread!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

I am loving this so far!! Keep us posted with updates and pictures along the way!!!

Thanks ladies I'll just back up a tick: I covered a bra in duct tape to protect it from the plaster. Then we agreed I would be the dummy, so I put the bra on and Jess covered me in plaster cloth wrap. I love using plaster cloth, it's wonderful and so easy to use. The trick is to cut it up into little squares. This allows the cloth to go on smoothly with no wrinkles and you get more detail. Plaster also drys quite quickly and I was able to take it off about ten minuets later. The plaster then came away from the bra without any effort because the duct tape was so shinny it couldn't adhere to it. So I will keep that bra aside as I know my silicone cast with defiantly fit it. Using ordinarily clay I had lying around we used it to brace the plaster cast onto a board. We also placed clay under the boob cups so they are solid and won't collapse under pressure of the monster clay.

The tape covered bra

Clay and plaster cloth cut into little squares

Wearing a duct tape bra? THAT couldn't have been comfy... This is going to be cool
    All that glitters is not gold,
    Not all who wander are lost.
    The old that is strong does not whither,
    Deep roots are not touched by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be broken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring.
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

I'm excited to use the monster clay as I have never used it before, but I have two designs I really want to do and I'm stuck on decided which one to create first :/

Yep I looked like a Raver or Leeloo from the Fifth Element haha

Can't wait to see *_*
    (Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)

Ok so slow going due to the air dry clay not drying yesterday due to crappy weather. But it looked pretty good today so I have been able to paint on a clear coat of gloss sealer. The main reason why I wanted to seal the bust is so the Monster clay won't stick to the plaster/ air dry clay layer. When I'm done I want to be able to peel the monster clay off and reuse it do make a different design ( well I'll let mermaid Jessica Pearl have her play). I'm trying hard to use materials I already have in the house to keep costs down. Well nothing to do now but wait for more stuff to dry.

Slow going but making progress.

It is going to look amazing. Love all the photo updates, keep them coming!!! What a fun project!!!

Woke up to this lovely lady this morning. My DD never looked so good Haha. She is all dry and ready to go. Only thing is that it's a really nice day today (considering it's winter here) and I might just have to go to the beach instead. Mermaid Jessica Pearl is visiting me today so it's a good chance to confirm design details too.

great!
    (Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)