Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Makeup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook

Permanent Makeup

Well, I am going in for a consultation today about having semi-permanent eyebrows applied. Renee is supposedly one of the best permanent makeup artists in Dallas, and I am so sick of having pretty much no eyebrows and having to draw them on every single day that I am ready to make the plunge. She has hundreds of Before/After photos that look awesome, though she is really pricey. Though if I am going to have makeup applied that will last 1-3 years, it is worth pricey for good! I am a little nervous, but excited, too. This will make my underwater makeup routine way easier! I know a lot of people have bad experiences, but Renee is supposed to be SUPER awesome at what she does. I will probably get the "hairline" eyebrows, where she draws individual hairs.

Anybody else ever done (or considered) permanent/semi-permanent makeup?
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    My boss at my previous job always did and it looked great

My mom's best friend has permanent lip liner. Its kinda creepy to see her without any other makeup. I also suffer from the eyebrow thing. Personally I love doing my eyebrows, but to each her own!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Meilyn's Avatar
    Follow Meilyn On Twitter Add Meilyn on Facebook
    Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    I may get it when I go to California in a month.

I hate it when you draw and then forget, wipe your face, and it smears or one disappears :/

I have virtually non existent eyebrows, all my pictures are colored in with pencil. It's a routine. Every morning.

I'd love to wake up WITHOUT having to do them and still feel normal weird, or at least, pretty weird.

One option I love is the Benefit Gimme Brow mousse. I usually do a primer under and then set it with powder and then it doesn't really smear.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Rocky Mountain Pod
    Pod of The South
    Add H-SAMA on Facebook
    Visit H-SAMA's Youtube Channel
    Yeah, my mom has it and it looks awesome, even though I said her not to do it because I thought it would look funny looks great indeed.
    I recommend for you to try henna before commiting to something so permanent.

Add Seatan on Facebook
    Yeah I SUCK at drawing brows. At my consult she actually thought I was a correction (most of her clients are corrections from other permanent makeup artists messed up) because I draw them so bad, lol. I am getting them done tomorrow. As for trying henna, I don't think that would look very realistic. And i mean I have tried pencil for years, sp why use just another temp method? Plus I don't know anyone who does that. I am getting hairline strokes which means she will draw individual hairs. It will also be shared three dimensionally for realism. I am very excited!
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Rocky Mountain Pod
    Pod of The South
    Add H-SAMA on Facebook
    Visit H-SAMA's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Seavanna View Post
    I am getting them done tomorrow.
    As for trying henna, I don't think that would look very realistic. And i mean I have tried pencil for years, sp why use just another temp method? Plus I don't know anyone who does that. I am getting hairline strokes which means she will draw individual hairs. It will also be shared three dimensionally for realism. I am very excited!
    Henna looks like if you had paint the eyebrows with eye shadow, but lasts many days.
    http://stylenet.com/files/2138/268348-Hd-Brows.jpg

Did you get your eyebrows dones? How do you feel? I hope you are doing well.
    <3

Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    I thought Henna was just for the hands.
    I never knew!

My scheduled appointment is this Saturday at 2:30 so I will show pictures too

I would honestly get my brows done if I didn't dye my hair :P

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Melanie's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Melanie on Facebook
    Yeah my mum got it done a few months back - she got the hairline ones done too after her friend raved about it but when she got it it was really dark and took about a week or two to tone down but now she's really happy with it and it suits her a lot - she said it did hurt to get it done but no pain no gain lol
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    Seavanna! Let me know how goes it!

Add Seatan on Facebook
    Melanie: Yeah all tats are brighter while they heal. The ink needs time to make its way into the skin and for the skin to heal over it. I have had a lot if tats and piercing a so I am not too worried about the pain, especially since they use numbing cream.

Meilyn: I will!!!

Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    I'm going in today for my eyebrows consult

A good friend of mine does this. I have had my eyeliner done several times. It took about 30 min and totally clogged up my sinus, but it might be different with eyebrows. She told me lips were the most painful out of the three. It took about a week for it to completely heal (scab over and fall off)

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    Years ago my grandmother who's very anti-tattoo got her brows tattoo'd on. They have since faded, she's thinking about having it done again. I couldn't ever tell they were tattoo'd on, and it wasn't until she'd had them done for a while that she told my sister and I (sister has LOTS of tattoos) that she also joined the ranks of the tattoo'd!

^ same with my mom. 3 months ago she ragged on me for getting a back tattoo. i come back yesterday to my place from honeymoon and find out she tattooed her lips :|
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    I think getting your eyebrows done is a good choice. I wouldn't advocate eyeliner or lip liner because you'll want to go without that some days and want to change the color. However, do you dye your hair often? I'm just asking because if you got your eyebrows done for red hair, it won't match black or blonde.

Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I think getting your eyebrows done is a good choice. I wouldn't advocate eyeliner or lip liner because you'll want to go without that some days and want to change the color. However, do you dye your hair often? I'm just asking because if you got your eyebrows done for red hair, it won't match black or blonde.
    Agreed. Plus eyeliner is fast and easy to put on. Eyebrows, not so much unless you've been doing it for years, even then they're never the same each day. Luckily, my hairs all natural, haven't been dyed since I cut out the dyed end. Gonna stay black/dark brown until it changes by itself. I really love the natural look.

Seavanna, pictures pLease!!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Is this like a tattoo or an implant?