Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Iowan Mermaids out there?

Any Iowan Mermaids out there?

Hey! Just wondering if there are many people in Iowa who do mermaiding...
    "For the love of mermanity"

I'm working on doing it soon. (: I'm from the Cedar Rapids area

I am in Des Moines and just starting up. I would have started last year, but was expecting baby number two so that dream got put on hold.

I want to but I don't have a tail yet.

I live in Hawaii now but I grew up in Cedar Rapids!
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Harmony View Post
    I live in Hawaii now but I grew up in Cedar Rapids!
    Oh your so lucky. Isn't it like really expensive to live in Hawaii?

Yes, milk is about 7 dollars. :-/ My husband is in the military, so it's easier for us to live here.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Time to just buy a cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Seraphina View Post
    Hey! Just wondering if there are many people in Iowa who do mermaiding...
    Where in Iowa if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah I wanna know what part of iowa everyone is in too. I may have some events coming up I need more mermaids for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnet View Post
    Yeah I wanna know what part of iowa everyone is in too. I may have some events coming up I need more mermaids for.
    No tail yet but if you need an underwater photographer, kid friendly mer wrangler, lifeguard, or swim instructor that is defiantly me. And of course always up for making new friends.

An after thought...in Ankeny there is a Jo-Ann's Fabric store. Maybe we could have a get together and help me and anyone else who is tail-less make a tail?

Too bad I haven't worked at the Waukee YMCA in 8 years...Back then I would have had contacts that could have given us the OK to use the pool. I do know someone in Ames though.
    Last edited by Merman Chatfish; 11-25-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer2002 View Post
    No tail yet but if you need an underwater photographer, kid friendly mer wrangler, lifeguard, or swim instructor that is defiantly me. And of course always up for making new friends.

An after thought...in Ankeny there is a Jo-Ann's Fabric store. Maybe we could have a get together and help me and anyone else who is tail-less make a tail?

Too bad I haven't worked at the Waukee YMCA in 8 years...Back then I would have had contacts that could have given us the OK to use the pool. I do know someone in Ames though.

I actually have access to a few different pools, the Waukee Y included. And I definitely need an underwater photographer!

I have yet to actually be at the new Waukee YMCA. I miss working there thought. My second job (after DJ at Skate West) was as a lifeguard. Working there started me on the path of where I am today, a lifeguard instructor and WSI Trainer. I had never thought about teaching swim lessons until after I started there, been teaching ever since. I remember having one kid who was too small to keep herself afloat but could front craw 25 yards easily. There is a kid who by the time I left for college still owed me 4 hours of time out time...I went back 2 Christmases after I left just to visit and he was a lifeguard there. Oh I miss that place.

Hi! Sorry I haven't been online in a long time! I live around the Cedar Rapids area. I have a tail, but I haven't done any parties or anything yet.... hopefully this summer!

I am in Des Moines and just starting up. I would have started last year, but was expecting baby number two so that dream got put on hold.
    If it isn't too much to ask, did you start up on your own or with a company?

oh cool! Ok, just wondering

I'm about to move to Des Moines for the summer if people want to meet up. Slightly more centrally located.

I actually have access to a few different pools, the Waukee Y included. And I definitely need an underwater photographer!
    I am in Des Moines for the summer if you want to get together for a photoshoot/swim/ice cream.

I'm from Scotland but i'll be in Des moines all summer.