Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Iowan Mermaids out there?

Quote Originally Posted by SummerRogue View Post
    I'm from Scotland but i'll be in Des moines all summer.
    What brings you to Des Moines?

I'm going o be working at a summer camp

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hi guys I'll be heading to Des Moines on Sunday, I will have every saturday and friday evening off if any one was interested in a meetup. I won't be bringing my tail unfortunately because I have to pack for three months in one suitcase

Hi guys I'll be heading to Des Moines on Sunday, I will have every saturday and friday evening off if any one was interested in a meetup. I won't be bringing my tail unfortunately because I have to pack for three months in one suitcase
    Yay. Going to be a little chilly this weekend but next week will be better. The pool I guard (Holiday in West Des Moines) at opens tomorrow. I have this coming tuesday and thursday off and thats all I know for now.

Compared to here it looks really hot lol I have orientation this week so I don't know my hours, I might have a few nights off, I'll know on Monday

I'm in Edinburgh airport now, I'll be in Des Moines at 7 tonight

I'm in Edinburgh airport now, I'll be in Des Moines at 7 tonight

Cool. Get ready to be a little chilly.

It's been okay weather wise so far I'm at camp now so I only get internet at break and bedtime any plans for the weekend? I think we'll be in ankeny (sp?) on Saturday

I know I am managing on Saturday at Holiday. We don't have our schedule for sunday yet. Yep its Ankeny...my other grandmother lives up there.

I am not sure who she is and not sure she is on here but in Waterloo at the Lost Island Waterpark there Maizie Mermaid who works at the water park in the kids area. Jealous.

SummerRogue I just saw your posts on B!TC# it out. That sounds like a horrible experience. I wish you had a better experience, especially in Iowa.

Oh I didn't mention it when it happened but I have a tail now!

Junior Member Pod of the Midwest
    Hi I am just starting to get into the idea mermaiding. Is there anyone in the cedar rapids area who would like to get together for a swim?

Summer rogue, were you working at the des moines y camp? I was a camp counselor there what like 7 or 8 years ago, and 4 years ago was the arts and crafts head. O my gosh, so many amazing memories, I loved every second of it.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Yes I was working at camp Sunnyside Des Moines and I can honestly say that my experience has contributed largely to anxiety issues, I had panic attacks almost daily after camp and they didn't stop until I started medication. I had the worst experience of my life at that camp and it's put me completely off the idea of working abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by KRBatie View Post
    Hi I am just starting to get into the idea mermaiding. Is there anyone in the cedar rapids area who would like to get together for a swim?
    I am not in the cider rapids area but it would be fun to meet up.

Junior Member Pod of the Midwest
    Follow Serena Sydney On Twitter Add Serena Sydney on Facebook Add Serena Sydney on Google+
    Visit Serena Sydney's Youtube Channel
    Hey I'm sydney. Anyone in Des Moines who wants to swim sometime?
    Just moved here from the Carolinas

Sent from my shell-phone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Serena Sydney; 03-15-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Welcome to Iowa Sydney! I'm always up fro a swim!

Junior Member Pod of the Midwest Bonnie's Avatar
    I thought I'd check in. I moved to Marion (Cedar Rapids area/East Iowa) last summer. I used to live in Omaha and I owned my own entertainment company and we had six gals in our pod. We would practice at least twice a month. Now I haven't been out hardly at all. I have met zero mers in cedar rapids. I have extra tails and i'd let someone my size borrow and still no luck finding a swimming buddy. I'm also having a hard time finding places to swim. all of the local pools have no "mermaid tail" rules on the books. I haven't found a private pool or lake. Hopefully this summer I'll find something because I'm really missing it!! I only get to swim when I travel back to Omaha.

I live in eastern Nebraska right now, but my preferred swimming locations are just on the other side of the river in Iowa