Thread: Review help

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel

Review help

A couple of us proud Finfolk tail owners have written up reviews on the Finfolk thread and it isn't appearing in the thread? Help please
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Reviews have to be reviewed (HA that sounds funny) by mods before they are approved. After Iona or Nate check the reviews they'll be posted. It's to make sure people aren't lying about owning a tail and such (:

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yes and I've noticed (I've told Iona) that sometimes there is a delay in when they get posted even after the mod approves it.

They dont censor reviews or anything, it's just in the past we've had people make multiple accounts for a specific tail maker (you know who, lol) to try and make it look like there are more positive reviews. So the mods take a quick scan and check IPs if necessary.

Iona has been away for the past little while at different events and I know she only just got back from another and is recouperating. I'm sure she'll get to these as soon as she's back in the swing of things!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    Ok great guys thank you
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

I'm having a problem seeing all the reviews in the thread, for example in the mertailor review thread I can only read the first page. When I try to click to the next I'm just redirected to the top of the first again.
    Same thing happens when I try to see the newest post in there too. :/

Since all reviews are moderated, you can't see the newest post until it's approved. (Which I can't do, it's missing something that's required, I'll be contacting the user about that.) Also there are no multiple pages in the review system, it's just one continuous page. It only says it has multiple pages on the thread preview (this is just a difference in coding between the normal forum, which only allows so many posts per page, and the review system that doesn't use pages). That's why if you were to click on the "2" beside the thread name it takes you to the same page.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Oh, okay. Thanks for the help.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Firemaid's Avatar
    Is there a way to have the review that Mermaid sparkle wrote about Sirenaila moved to the "tail makers review" ?

No, there is no way to move threads into the review system. They system is coded differently and that makes me unable to merge or move regular threads in there. The user would have to repost the review in the review system themselves.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

How does the stars work on the side here?
    It's not the latest, because the latest on Mertailor is 1/5. And it couldn't be an average, because then Merbella wouldn't have 1/5.
    Right now I think it looks a little bit unfair if you don't look at the separate reviews.

Those stars are people rating the thread I think. Not the average reviews

If you look at top right hand corner of any thread you can rate it

Name:  see.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  21.8 KB

yup just confirming, that's what you're seeing, not actually an average of the reviews

Yeah, honestly no one on really uses the rating system (kind of like the user reputation system). Wonder why there's so much shade toward the merbella review thread?

Would anyone really object to the admins turning off the system, or do people actually use it and I just don't pay attention? :P

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

I never noticed it before, and in the review section I think it makes more damage than help.

Yeah I'd turn it off lol

I think I noticed it ages ago and then never thought about it again. Turning it off would be no loss.