Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How do u feel about Cannabis...?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania OceanRose's Avatar
    Thank you for what you posted on page one, Raina. My dad has a Glioblastoma Multiforme, and is going for radiation and chemo soon. I looked into everything you've posted, and when we go to the hospital soon I am going to ask if we can try Sativex. It's not prescribed for cancers here though, so I may not be able to get it for my dad.
    Only other option would be to grow a plant of the right type and then get the oil but actually, it looks like we won't have time for that, the tumour is very aggressive.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Thank you for reading it ocean!

I have really bad anxiety and chronic pain from an accident and Cannabis really helps with these problems. I was in meds that didn’t help or had side effects and this works great with no bad side effects and it helps me sleep too. I live in Canada where is has recently been declared legal😁

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yup! it's legal here in Canada now and the world has not ended!

Junior Member Pod of Texas
    I personally don't like the idea of cannabis, at least currently. Think back to the 60s when smoking cigarettes were cool. For instance the Marlboro Man was a campaign for cigarettes starting in 1954 which was to use the cowboy appeal to sell cigarettes. I wouldn't want to smoke or be around smoking until more testing can be done. I wouldn't want to be part of the generation that has a higher chance of having some health problem because of it just like my parents have a higher chance of getting lung problems and certain cancers from smoking cigarettes throughout their life. It needs further studies before I would be comfortable with it such as long term effects.

I, however, am ok with it being used for anxiety. I don't use it for that reason (or at all) but I know a few people that do.

I just think it hasn’t been researched enough. It’s great for people with anxiety I’ve heard, and also it helps with epilepsy. Smoking it isn’t good to for you, we all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantin View Post
    I personally don't like the idea of cannabis, at least currently. Think back to the 60s when smoking cigarettes were cool. For instance the Marlboro Man was a campaign for cigarettes starting in 1954 which was to use the cowboy appeal to sell cigarettes. I wouldn't want to smoke or be around smoking until more testing can be done. I wouldn't want to be part of the generation that has a higher chance of having some health problem because of it just like my parents have a higher chance of getting lung problems and certain cancers from smoking cigarettes throughout their life. It needs further studies before I would be comfortable with it such as long term effects.

I, however, am ok with it being used for anxiety. I don't use it for that reason (or at all) but I know a few people that do.

I couldn't say it better, completely agree with your opinion.

Canabis has been used for hundreds of years to help with umpteen amounts of ailments, you never see anyone die from smoking canabis. If you have say issue like schizophrenia, aggressiveness etc while smoking it, then obviously stop because you already have those trates supposedly and these are being heightened even more by canabis. For me I hate the smell, i hate the taste and the high it gives you, however I will use it because I'm in constant pain because of fibromyalgia and I suffer from anxiety, depression, and insomnia.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

I smoke SeaWeed everyday. I live in Los Angeles and its everywhere. I smoke, dab and eat edibles!

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using MerNetwork mobile app

It helps alot with manybof my issues and restores my imagination that's been damaged through bullshit in my life. Weeds great!

Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    I'm having a bad pain day today so I think I'll be having some tonight

Hope your pain drifts away like kelp in the current

Its not harmful and the stigma against it is outdated, there's new info out there about it.

Oh I know, my good friend and her partner grow their own as she has fibromyalgia and he has ADHD and anxiety. I only get it off them xx

Quote Originally Posted by Imbrielle View Post
    I have really bad anxiety and chronic pain from an accident and Cannabis really helps with these problems. I was in meds that didn’t help or had side effects and this works great with no bad side effects and it helps me sleep too. I live in Canada where is has recently been declared legal
    I agree with you. I had some anxiety episodes for a while and that was really exhausting. A few years ago I moved to Canada and cannabis legalization was a fortunate occurrence. I got a prescription for pills and CBD oil (I got some joint pain disorder at that moment), that really helped me to cope with it. Moreover I also was allowed to grow it by myself to cut expenses on this medication. I got me a stealth box after reading this article https://420growradar.com/p/best-stea...door-planting/ for growing plants indoor. So you may call me a successful gardener now

I have bad anxiety and fibromyalgia and I couldn't live without my canabis lollies. Marijuana is medicine

Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    The main problem with the criminalization of weed and other drugs is that its only really illegal to keep prisons full. These things should have the same restrictions as alcohol and tobacco. The "war on drugs" started out as an attack on impoverished (largely queer and POC) communities, people who tended to turn to drugs as a way to cope with a world against them. Its part of the school to prison pipeline. If drugs are criminalized, they can keep minorities in prison, therefore keeping prisons full to make money, and provide cheap labor.

pronouns are they/them/their

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    It's not for me, but I don't care if other people do it and I think it should be legal. I tried edibles once and all it did was make me horribly dizzy. I'm told that it's different if you smoke it but I don't like smoke.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    I personally don't approve of drugs for recreational use, but if it is properly diagnosed and prescribed by a doctor, I think it can help a lot of people.

I don't exactly know what the situation is now with marijuana laws in Utah, but I think last year some lawmakers tried to get a bill passed that made it way too easy to acquire marijuana. As long as we avoid that, I'm totally fine with it.