Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Child's Silicone Tail (Mermaids R Us)

These tails are such wrecks they remind me of Cakewrecks...only for mermaid tails. Someone should start up a Tailwrecks blog. It would be all of these tails.

Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    These tails are such wrecks they remind me of Cakewrecks...only for mermaid tails. Someone should start up a Tailwrecks blog. It would be all of these tails.
    I get what you mean about how gross these tails are in particular, and you were probably joking but someone else might take it seriously, but...
    Yeah...let's not. :P In the furry fandom there are a LOT of blogs like that and all it does is ostracize and make a lot of people feel insecure when what they have is featured there. Communities like this should be open minded to all skill levels (but again, these tails should NOT be for sale! I mean personal) and not single out people who aren't professionals so please, nobody try to do this for real. Tumblr recommends them a lot to me on my dashboard and it just makes me really disappointed to see a picture of a first suit pop up with a really derogatory remark below it.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I just had a look at their silicone tails on their website... BLERGH!

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    I get what you mean about how gross these tails are in particular, and you were probably joking but someone else might take it seriously, but...
    Yeah...let's not. :P In the furry fandom there are a LOT of blogs like that and all it does is ostracize and make a lot of people feel insecure when what they have is featured there. Communities like this should be open minded to all skill levels (but again, these tails should NOT be for sale! I mean personal) and not single out people who aren't professionals so please, nobody try to do this for real. Tumblr recommends them a lot to me on my dashboard and it just makes me really disappointed to see a picture of a first suit pop up with a really derogatory remark below it.
    Well, what do you think THIS thread is, then?? Yes it was a joke, and I thought it was pretty obvious my point was that if someone started a tailwrecks blog it would just feature the tails by this particular tailmaker. If you're offended by that, maybe don't participate in this thread where people are making plenty of derogatory remarks about
    these particular tails. :P

No, sorry. I have no problem personally with a seller being called out on shoddy work. I realize my wording is a little off now, it was meant more directed toward anyone who might think it was a good idea to "collect" bad tails people made for themselves. I just see it a lot and it's really off putting.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    I get what you meant, MerEmma, and appreciate what you said. The Mer Community is really pretty nice, but I am also a fandomer (I write slash fanfic) and some of the bullying out there would astound this community. I actually made a blog standing against another blog that took people's fanfic and ripped the writing apart, MST3K style, without their permission. Their whole point was making fun of people they didn't think were good writers. Talk about a humiliating thing to have happen. This community is very kind and generous, but there are SO many Tumblrs out there dedicated to ripping apart the work of people who are just trying to have fun creating something that it is easy to see how your mind would go there.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

I haven't seen anything from them in a while, anyone know what they've been up to?

I looked at the pics in the eBay listing... WHY IS THIS PICTURE THERE
    What the holy fuck
    ._.
    Dan/Danny || 17 || they/them

(Avatar by me (@red.lion.art))

I'm guessing they lost a bet? Are those sand dollars on the guy with the blue tail?
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

The ebay link is no longer working however visiting page 3 is enough to know from pro to beginner and that tail does not look pro to me
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

I'm just going to be that person and revive this thread here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Cadhla View Post
    I looked at the pics in the eBay listing... WHY IS THIS PICTURE THERE
    What the holy fuck
    ._.
    That is just random and wrong and unprofessional. The tails are not even mermaids r us tails!

{(¯¨*·.,¸_¸,.»BRINGING GRAVITY FALLS AND MERMAIDS TOGETHER SINCE...erm...2014! «.,¸_¸,.·*¨¯)}
    If you're a Gravity Falls fan, why don't you check out my blog?
    https://ageekgirlsblogofawesomeness.wordpress.com/

Formerly known as SeaStarShimmer

Quote Originally Posted by SeaStarShimmer View Post
    I'm just going to be that person and revive this thread here...

That is just random and wrong and unprofessional. The tails are not even mermaids r us tails!
    they make fabric tails, I remember they said the guys were just on some talk show in their tails (and tops)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Yeah, those guys appeared on the Chelsea Lately show I believe for a sketch/gag and Mermaids R Us made the tails I think. It was publicity for them.

ooh

{(¯¨*·.,¸_¸,.»BRINGING GRAVITY FALLS AND MERMAIDS TOGETHER SINCE...erm...2014! «.,¸_¸,.·*¨¯)}
    If you're a Gravity Falls fan, why don't you check out my blog?
    https://ageekgirlsblogofawesomeness.wordpress.com/

Formerly known as SeaStarShimmer

Well they should have made it clear that they made the tails? No one aside from Emma seemed to know what the heck was going on... But hey, lowering expectations for this one.
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

wow thank you all for this thread it was shared to me by Susan Gardner i was going to purchase one not anymore , i love this forum and its caring and smart mer"s!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    I'm starting my very first silicone tail and I've never made a tail before. So far, my tail looks so much better than this, even if it's my first time!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    it has been on ebay for a long time
    That's because they still make them.
    Formerly known as ireneho