Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR CANADIAN MERMAIDS

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR CANADIAN MERMAIDS

Hello everyone! Big Announcement in mer-development!

Canadian Mermaids Inc and Atlantic Mermaids will be launching soon! We plan to be the premier booking agency for Canadian Mermaids both country wide and in Atlantic Canada. It's our mission to make the mermaid entertainment world in Canada bigger, by training, education, advocating for, and empowering other Canadian Mermaids! We want to be the place clients go for a directory of amazing Canadian mer-talent, and we want to provide the BEST mer-talent in our home and native land by helping new mermaids get going in the industry, or empowering existing ones. Keep an eye on these facebook pages as we get closer and closer to launch! You'll find out ways to apply to be an official "CanMer Affiliate" or "Atlantic Mermaid Affiliate" and have a variety of packages to choose from to help get your mermaid career into the waves, or build upon it!

These pages will also be a great place to keep track of all things mermaid in Canada, and follow the adventures of current Canadian Mermaids Inc and Atlantic Mermaids members.

Canadian Mermaids Inc is a registered Canadian-wide business, owned and operated by Raina the Halifax Mermaid and her merwrangler Sean Norman. Atlantic Mermaids is a subsidiary company and parent company to Halifax Mermaids . Our website is currently under construction as well as our new FB pages. Please be sure to like for updates.

I'll be posting here when we have the official launch, and our packages. We are waiting for a meeting with our insurance agent to be 100% sure about the packages we're offering, and then everything goes live

We'll have packages for every need. People who just want a simple affordable listing to help get their name out there, all the way up to all the trimmings and fixing and resources to be sure you can spread the mermaid joy all across the tundra haha

I am very excited for this. I wouldn't be interested in signing up QUITE yet- I don't get my tail until later today, so that would definitely be putting the cart before the horse- but once I get the hang of swimming in it I'll definitely be applying!

haha yeah no worries we arent launching this second. In the upcoming weeks. I'd love to launch now but we're fine tuning the legalities to be sure everything is kosher

That is so cool! I've always wanted to see more Canadian mers out there!
    All that glitters is not gold,
    Not all who wander are lost.
    The old that is strong does not whither,
    Deep roots are not touched by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be broken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring.
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    This is probably a stupid question however, I live in Michigan by the border would it be possible to apply and do any gigs that happen to be in Ontario around that area?

it's a possibility for mers who follow the border laws. There are certain clauses mermaids have to follow as performers to work in Canada coming from the USA and for legal and liability purposes wed have to follow that. We'd also only list you under Ontario as we're trying to put the focus on canada

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    I understand maybe I'll apply it's so much fun to work with other mers!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    it's a possibility for mers who follow the border laws. There are certain clauses mermaids have to follow as performers to work in Canada coming from the USA and for legal and liability purposes wed have to follow that. We'd also only list you under Ontario as we're trying to put the focus on canada
    I am unfamiliar with the performer laws in this country but I do know from personal experience that the only way an American will get work in this country is if every avenue has been exhausted to find someone who can do the same job. My only thought.

Nope. There are performer clauses uncle is a Canadian customs officer. Temporary visas can also be obtained.

Actually, foreign performers working a private event don't even need a work permit and are LMIA exempt. So if you're doing a birthday party, you're fine. If you're at a festival or a parade or something like that, you'll need a permit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/ap...nopermit.asp#p

What she said ^

Oh snap !!! crackle and pop

Congrats on the business expansion Raina!!!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Union of Pods of the North Marie-Josie Cayer's Avatar
    Add Marie-Josie Cayer on Facebook
    This is a great initiative, best of luck for future endeavours.

Sweet. This is good to know for when I move to Toronto either later this year or earlier next year. I should let Sina know
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    Pod of Texas
    Pod of the Great Lakes

This is SO AWESOME! Congratulations!!!

Raina, you continue to both astound and inspire. What an amazing achievement!

I am right there with Arella, I live in MN and if there is ever anything I can do to help out just let me know!

Raina I commented on this when you announced it on FB but Imma say it here too... YOU ARE A SUPERHERO! I can't wait for Canadian Mermaids to be up and running the world! I would love to be a part of it!!
    Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)

If you haven't already join the fb group. We are just waiting on legal stuff before we can launch

I'd love to join this in the future. Need to finish fixing my tail x.x haha.

our group for mermaids in canada: https://www.facebook.com/groups/375142929328888/ to keep in touch with people, not officially affiliated, but our way of keeping in touch and communicating